Paladin Brushes ...good news

Snooze

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
I have been periodically checking their website but no news for months...until now...
https://www.paladinshaving.com/blogs/news/re-surfacing

In summary...
"Our plan is to release 50-100 brushes very soon (probably sometime next week) and then follow after another week or two with manageably (for us) sized releases on a more-or-less rolling basis (like maybe 2-3 times per month, depending on how our capacity and customer demand shape up). We’ll continue, at least for the foreseeable future, to post photos of brushes in advance of their release."

Good to see these guys back in action!
They have also donated some brushes to a charity auction for breast cancer on another shaving related US website (something and blade???)

I saw a post on social media showing them photographing each brush. When you see the lengths they have gone to just to put some shots of the brush up you will know two things; One; workmanship is priority, not cutting corners and two, that is why it takes so long! No short cuts. They would be well within standard practice to put a stock shot of a particular brush on the site and save themselves all the time take to shoot, process and post the photos!

I will be shooting to grab one of these, so lets hope I don't fall asleep waiting for the shop opening, and two, I am quick enough to grab one! If someone grabs one and then changes their mind - give me a call!!

As someone who has a recent Paladin brush I must say that the knots in these brushes are superb. Mine is slowly becoming my favourite brush.
How would you compare it to your other brushes mate? (softer tips/more backbone etc)

How would you compare it to your other brushes mate? (softer tips/more backbone etc)
I would say the knot is very very close to a Shavemac 2 Band. It has a lot of backbone, with super soft tips and nice flow through. Mine has almost no scrub and absolutely zero scritch. It's also just starting to curl at the tips.

From everything Ive read the knots are very good and the handles - some of the colours are mind blowingly good!! I think Ive seen some in @alfredus lather shots.
I will be lining up to get one when they hit the market !

Good luck to every one!

Paladin are also releasing a range of soaps too...

"...working with a highly-respected, US-based, soap-maker to develop five new, distinctive, tallow-based shaving soaps exclusively for Paladin Shaving. Those, along with an unscented after-shave balm, will be introduced on a trial basis as soon as the website is ready, hopefully very, very soon. Suffice it to say for now that we’re extremely pleased by how the soaps and balm turned out and excited to add them to our offerings."

Just a little encouragement - as if it is needed :D
20161103_AllPaladinsS_zpsekr99rgn.jpg

I really like the one in the middle @alfredus .. and it is nearly Christmas :whistle:

Really like the disco or whatever one :)
Purple Haze ;)

I really like the one in the middle @alfredus .. and it is nearly Christmas :whistle:
Yep it is - so glue yourself to the computer screen this weekend and get a new brush :D

I like the Disco the best @alfredus and the TSN LE butterscotch second.

Ultimately I would be happy with any of those fine looking brushes though :D.
Thank you - my favourite is still the Strawberry Amber - I am eternally grateful to Ken & Lee for showing me what a good badger is all about...

I believe they are going up some time this weekend. And all the brushes will go up at once, rather than one at a time. I'm guessing it'll be another 4am job. Anyone that gets one of these brushes will have earned it.
Good luck my friend (y)

Not sure either - but I do love my Paladins :D :D :D

Well. I hope to snag one - again - So wish me luck. I'm up at 4:30 normally so 4 am isn't a big deal.
Just so I'm clear, 4am is a total guess on my part based on past experience. Nothing has been put up about times yet. Stay tuned to their twitter feed.

A Sherlock in Disco would be a favorite addition to my shave den. Several others brushes would make excellent additions also.

Goal is buying a brush I really want and not just any Paladin brush. Guessing several hours of screen time this weekend.