Palmolive for men

There is an Aussie one - rubbish - and a European one - great.

You can tell by the ingredients which is which but I don't have one handy.

Was out shopping with the good lady yesterday ,and saw Palmolive for men lather save, around $2.5 for 65g, so bought some to put in toilet bag while traveling,has any one used or still using, is this the same as the Palmolive classic i see some on YouTube trying out and raving over,
This stuff is superb - I would grab a lot more than two!

I believe the difference is tallow. The good one is the euro version and contains tallow?
Best you try it @David7307 and let us know.

I used it this morning, put a bit on my Omega bristle brush and did a face lather , it lathered very well with heaps to spare, would honestly say it lathered more than Proraso Red that i have been using for my every day shave for the last 2 weeks, not a lot of smell with it, for an every day shave cream it seems to do the job

The Aussie Palmolive can be a bit finicky getting the right water to product ratio. It needs more water & more product than usual, but once you get that right, it performs very well. This was one of the creams I started with as a newbie, which I think accelerated the learning process on how to create a lather with the right consistency (It did require perseverance).

Euro Palmolive (Green - made in Belgium & Red - made in Italy) is easier to lather and provides stellar performance.

In my experience the Aussie stick is rubbish but the cream is not too bad. The euro made stuff is much better though.

I've been using this stuff for years - whatever was on the shelf at Colesworths. Must be the Aussie version?

The right way to use it is to apparently wet your face, rub the stick on your face and then face lather with a wet brush - they were the instructions given by the manufacturer when someone on another forum wrote in to ask! If I spend the time on lathering up, there are plenty of soft peaks going on and an extra smooth lather - I have no complaints but I'm no expert on soaps. Some people reckon the sticks and the soaps are the same thing in a different package but that doesn't make sense to me as the sticks last so long for such a small amount of product - there has to be something else going on with them or maybe it's just a really efficient method of using soap? Sticks just seem a lot harder than a hard soap - hence why rubbing it against the grain on your face when it's wet is the easiest way to mobilise it. It takes forever by comparison to get the same amount off the stick with just the brush - unless you're using a really thick brush, a lot of water and like making a mess!

Works for me... I like a neutral fragrance and this just smells of soap, which is perfect.

Thanks @dewynter ! I bought four or five of the old sticks at a time so they would last me years - I haven't kept up to date! Still have a couple in the drawer...

BTW, I just thought I should point out you can still get the German Palmolive stick - eg: https://www.beardandblade.com/au/pa...ick-50g.html?gclid=COeayKWO2c8CFQhwvAodjJQGjQ

I never liked the cream version - I go through it in a third of the time and the lather never worked for me anywhere near as well as the stick. Although they are both fussy about the level of water...

Guys, please do not confuse Palmilive sticks and Palmolive cream. @David7307 is talking about the shaving cream. Palmolive sticks are discontinued in Australia and you cannot buy them anymore.

I'm not so sure about that. The stick shows up on the Colgate-Palmolive AU page. Just because Coles and Woolworths aren't carrying them anymore doesn't mean they've been discontinued.

@Nightguard, that was info from a pharmacy. I usually go to the same pharmacy on a regular basis for some stuff like chewing gums etc and when Palmolive sticks disappeared I asked the manager. Not that I wanted to buy them but I just noticed they disappeared in a week. And the store manager said they had to remove all unsold sticks because it's discontinued and they could not sell it legally anymore. Out of curiosity I checked almost all chemists and big stores nearby - all gone. And currently it's not available anywhere in AU. Counting how bad Australian company updating their websites no wonder it's still there. Check Nivea - they are selling lots of balms and splashes, but they are not available on the web.

Palmolive from Australia is no good? I thought it was the same version as the European one but in a smaller tube.

I'm talking about the shave sticks rather than the cream. I've got no idea about the cream - sorry.

I used it this morning, put a bit on my Omega bristle brush and did a face lather , it lathered very well with heaps to spare, would honestly say it lathered more than Proraso Red that i have been using for my every day shave for the last 2 weeks, not a lot of smell with it, for an every day shave cream it seems to do the job
I agree it lathers very well and shaves Smooth I bought the Italian one