Panic buying...validation..

I'm going to be the sad sack that's spoils things but as much as we're all making fun of this situation ( myself included ) there really is some folks doing it hard already in this madness. We just spoke with a neighbor that we only ever just wave at etc as we see them drive by us maybe once a week or so, we knew their name and that was about it. Turns out they aren't doing so well, have health issues that require weekly treatments that smash them for a couple of days and live alone as well as being a working person. Family visits were planned already but are interstate and cut now for obvious reasons and obviously it's not easy for them to get to a shop to get groceries at the best of times due to time spent in/at hospital and work etc.

We only found this out when gifting them a food/care package to be nice and their emotional response, crying and sharing some of the story of their situation in life currently.

While in times of madness like this and we all think of ourselves and our own (which is perfectly normal), we still should keep a thought of those around us and the less fortunate as well. Not judging but rather just saying is all.

Last edited:
Absolutely right @Mitcon this isn’t designed to laugh at others suffering more trying to keep things as normal as possible so we cope

I’m feeling anxious about things and know people suffer

Have to say this govt is useless allowing 2700 people off a cruise ship into the public and chasing up their were abouts the next day after positive results

And have heard of airports in oz not scanning for the virus and testing?? Wtf?

Yes that would be Sydney airport.

Arrived earlier this week, nothing to declare.I handed in my yellow card which clearly states I have been in China for the majority of my trip, and told to "have a good day".

I can understand from customs perspective especially during peak times, that it would be a potentially dangerous situation to hold everyone up in arrivals lining up and checking everyone.

I am self isolating for 2 weeks. Great time to purchase another 2000 razor blades I dont need. Guilty of stockpiling, Yes I am :)

Well that would be 2000 blade WRAPPERS as well ....

#desperatetimesdepreratemeasures
There's always this option.
aus1.jpg

My stepfather insists it's possible to get the job done with only one tally-ho. He has even explained how to me.

image.jpg

Don't worry @eggbert there are heaps of sandpaper rolls at the local hardware stores anywhere across the Australia :ROFLMAO:

Oh Speedy seriously - don't be ridiculous - you have to sue 1800 grit or higher!

Just returned from a trip to my local coles

No rice, no pasta, no flour, no yeast, no meat, no shit tickets, no soap. Even tinned food was pretty much depleted

Got plenty of beers though so no biggie I guess

I’m curious to see what they define as “essential services” will child care make the cut?
Auto repair?

Yes, some child care and certainly auto repair... The spectrum of essential services is wider than most would think.

Auto parts/repair, retail food shops,banks, even restaurants if they offer delivery service, petrol stations, some child care and school services. There is a great many "essential" services in this day and age

I’m curious to see what they define as “essential services” will child care make the cut?
Auto repair?
I recently leased a new car and got rear ended a couple of weeks after picking it up. I was thinking earlier that there may be a chance that the repairers close up shop. I better not get stuck with the rental for a few months!

I recently leased a new car and got rear ended a couple of weeks after picking it up. I was thinking earlier that there may be a chance that the repairers close up shop. I better not get stuck with the rental for a few months!
I was thinking that most will shit really, however I’m the primary supplier for ACT and QBN ambulances for example.

Just returned from a trip to my local coles

No rice, no pasta, no flour, no yeast, no meat, no shit tickets, no soap. Even tinned food was pretty much depleted

Got plenty of beers though so no biggie I guess
One can survive on beers