Parker Variant Adjustable Pass Around

Just gave it a go on a more mild setting and it was excellent.
Really great value this thing

Well I do have to move this guy on before I ruin my sabbatical.
I’m really impressed by this razor, the value here is unmatched imho
@lerenau how do you wanna do the big hand off good sir?

@lerenau how do you wanna do the big hand off good sir?
I'm good, Mate. I'll do it in private, behind closed doors. ;)

But, re: the Parker: How far north do you typically come? Are you near a town centre?
Are you still on Pat-leave?
We'll sort it out.

I'm good, Mate. I'll do it in private, behind closed doors. ;)

But, re: the Parker: How far north do you typically come? Are you near a town centre?
Are you still on Pat-leave?
We'll sort it out.
I now work in Mitchell :( so there are no limits for Dav these days.
I am indeed on the leave :) for a whole month in fact yay

I now work in Mitchell :( so there are no limits for Dav these days.
I am indeed on the leave :) for a whole month in fact yay
Mitchell is a 5 minute drive from my house.
When do you start back?

Through a rediculous coincidence/f-up I'll be on leave for the next couple of weeks. So, work won't get in my way...

Let's move this to a PM.

The logistics of exchanging the razor was strangely fascinating. Or maybe it’s the fever speaking. :cautious:

And local knowledge adds some colour too!

Mitchell is an industrial area. It has a cemetery, crematorium, cement plant, oh, and a few, ummm, well you know the sort of ‘personal service’ businesses that are zoned to operate in industrial areas ...

Mitchell is an industrial area. It has a cemetery, crematorium, cement plant, oh, and a few, ummm, well you know the sort of ‘personal service’ businesses that are zoned to operate in industrial areas ...
And a venue is sorted.

I always wanted to visit a cement plant

INM0Kyal.jpg

I didn’t see Julia Roberts hanging around.

During lunch I go walk abouts and have found some fun places;
- Canberra VR
- A store specifically catering to weed enthusiasts
- a karate dojo
- a large table top gaming store? (No idea if they actually sell stuff)
- the office of a small film studio

Basically rent is cheap there so lots of randoms

INM0Kyal.jpg

I didn’t see Julia Roberts hanging around.

During lunch I go walk abouts and have found some fun places;
- Canberra VR
- A store specifically catering to weed enthusiasts
- a karate dojo
- a large table top gaming store? (No idea if they actually sell stuff)
- the office of a small film studio

Basically rent is cheap there so lots of randoms

The gaming store does sell stuff - but there are more commonly large groups of guys just hanging around playing games.

There was a pool hall down the road from there too, but they have closed.

Check out La Sable - great food, decent coffee and really, really nice people.

[I live just on the other side of Well Station Drive in Franklin]

The gaming store does sell stuff - but there are more commonly large groups of guys just hanging around playing games.

There was a pool hall down the road from there too, but they have closed.

Check out La Sable - great food, decent coffee and really, really nice people.

[I live just on the other side of Well Station Drive in Franklin]

Hmm i was wondering where folk got decent coffee locally :) thanks for the tip-
I came off parental leave to do stocktake our there last night.

Hmm i was wondering where folk got decent coffee locally :) thanks for the tip-
I came off parental leave to do stocktake our there last night.

It is not ONA but it is drinkable and the people are so nice it tastes sweeter!

Well, I've now used the Parker 3-4 times.

You'll have to excuse the upcoming metaphor: There is a lot of construction going on around my house at the moment.
When I use it, I can't help but compare it to a road grader. Let me explain...
  1. It is BIG. It easily dwarfs every razor I own.
  2. It is heavy.
  3. It is VERY well made. The pictures don't do it justice. It demands respects.
  4. It is confident. It just mows down the hair without hesitation. No fuss. Just plows through them.
I guess I could have compared it to Dwayne Johnson instead. But the result is the same.
This is a great razor and worthy of a space in anyone's den.

Surprisingly, the size stops being a problem once you just stop fighting it. It's still big. But it doesn't seem to matter.
Again, it's such a confident razor that the hair just flies the white flag and keels over.

But, it's not perfect.
The Parker Variant is an adjustable razor. However, I found my usable range to be quite narrow.
The dial goes from 0 to 5. But, I found anything below 1.5 felt like I was just rubbing the cap over my cheek. Yet anything above 2.25 was ALL blade. So, I couldn't use anywhere near the entire range. However, what I *could* use was fantastic.

For completeness, I'll also say that I used a Nacet blade in my testing. It worked well and it gives some VERY audible feedback.
However, I can't but feel that the razor would probably benefit from a stiffer blade... Perhaps a Polsilver SI?

Is anyone else waiting on the pass-around? Or, am I the lucky last?
I might try a Polsilver in it. But, if I keep it around too much longer I might not want to return it.

:)

Last edited:
Well, I skipped a couple of shaves because I was fighting a virus.

I've used the Parker a few more times. I used a Polsilver SI and I'm not sure that it's "better". But, it does seem to give a "closer" shave... In fact, it borders on slightly too close. But it would likely be wonderful for someone with less sensitive skin than my own.
Of course, I could have avoided that by skipping a pass. So, it's not a big deal.

I had about 4-5 days growth. Yet, the Parker (#2) didn't hesitate and never clogged on the first pass.
I followed it up with 2 passes at #1.25 for a silky smooth finish.

I've had the Parker for quite some time now... @Mark1966, is someone else waiting? Should I send it home? Otherwise, it looks great in my den and is welcome to stay. :D

If anyone is wondering if the Parker is worth it, I wouldn't hesitate to say YES. It is such a confident and well-made razor. You won't be disappointed.

The dial goes from 0 to 5. But my usable range was 1-2.5. If you like really aggressive shaves, you might get even more benefit from it than I did.

Highly recommended. (y)

Well, I skipped a couple of shaves because I was fighting a virus.

I've used the Parker a few more times. I used a Polsilver SI and I'm not sure that it's "better". But, it does seem to give a "closer" shave... In fact, it borders on slightly too close. But it would likely be wonderful for someone with less sensitive skin than my own.
Of course, I could have avoided that by skipping a pass. So, it's not a big deal.

I had about 4-5 days growth. Yet, the Parker (#2) didn't hesitate and never clogged on the first pass.
I followed it up with 2 passes at #1.25 for a silky smooth finish.

I've had the Parker for quite some time now... @Mark1966, is someone else waiting? Should I send it home? Otherwise, it looks great in my den and is welcome to stay. :D

Maybe you should stick it in an Ultrasonic to give it a clean?

SMS me if you want me to collect it tomorrow - otherwise it will be next weekend.

Yup!
I was thinking of doing that.
I'll try to do it tomorrow. I was going to give it a clean anyway. But I might as well go the whole hog.

I'll PM you when I'm done. I'm happy to drop it off. But we'll see where we're at at the time.
(y)

Yup!
I was thinking of doing that.
I'll try to do it tomorrow. I was going to give it a clean anyway. But I might as well go the whole hog.

I'll PM you when I'm done. I'm happy to drop it off. But we'll see where we're at at the time.
(y)

No rush!