Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 5

Been a bit hectic this week. Was down in Sydney Wed/Thu so took a couple days off shaving.

First soap to try was the Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey. I also grabbed a Dorco Plat Prime for the Karve C. My nose has been blocked to hell all week, so scents are a bit lost. From what I could get it was pleasant enough to use most months in Qld. Lather I think I went to heavy with the water both times, and got a low density lather. Still performed well, just wasn't lost for words. I have another MW that I want to try in the box so will spend way more time building next round. Dorco last time I used was a bit rough first shave, but settled into a really nice blade from then to about 6-7 shaves. This time, no issues first shave in the Karve. Felt really nice.

Today was first go of the T&S. Honestly, going by the smell I was expecting a skin reaction to both soap and a/s. Very impressed with this soap. I haven't shaved in a couple of days, so had a bit of growth for the first pass. BBS result after 3 effortless passes. Glide was excellent both during and residual. Great density to the lather that lasted ages. Scent I have no idea about, the nose today is totally gone. Wife said it's ok, which is good as she's a little picky. Aftershave felt nice on the skin, though it wasn't a rough shave so didn't need to do much. Would be interested to put it to the challenge after a rough shave. I would buy some of this soap if I found a scent I liked.

cRLTrYfl.jpg
Did you end up trying the Sardinian Honey again and get a better lather?
I got some from the sample box and have struggled to get a nice lather from it.

Fruityasu reads you loud and clear @Mark1966 and I have Travelling Box in possession....😎😎😎

The Travelling Box was the least of my worries mate - I thought you might have been sucked into a shaving black hole never to return :arghh:

Looking forward to your thoughts :)

I hope everything is ok...haven't seen fruityasu post SOTD on FB lately.

Hi all

Just an update from Fruity who has been tied up dealing with some family stuff. He sends his regards and hopes to be back online soon. In the meantime we are looking at what we might do PCTB5 wise.

So just be patient, spare a thought, or prayer if that way inclined, for Fruity and his family, and normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Thanks

Gentlemen that travelling box has been dispatched by @fruityasu and safely received by myself.

Right now the biggest problem is what to cull so the boxes contents can be given a whirl and forwarded post haste to the next recipient.

That's not even all of it....
Good luck with that! :LOL:
Only got to use less than a quarter of it.
Went firstly with what was current so if I like it I could get it. Then aimed for soaps with noted performance. But then I stumbled and ummed & erred my way to the next soap. Good luck!