Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC is the stuff of shaving legend, even having a website now, not something available when I was last there.

The Midtown Store, 53 East 34th St., New York, NY, 10016, I visited on our first big family holiday overseas at the end of 2010. I wanted a Simpson Chubby brush BUT wanted to see them in the flesh - not something possible at the time in Australia. My family obliged on the way to the Empire State Building...

I had to go back to NYC to speak at a conference only six months later, June 2011, and I stayed in the same apartment block as we had as a family - the doorman pretended to recognise me and welcomed me back, getting a BIG tip for his trouble.

Needless to say I went back to Pasteur, I think that this was when I got my Clubman Special Reserve @TomG. Of course I took a couple of photos -

Which simply do NOT do justice to the range - so much crammed into such a small place. Of course I'm not the only one to take pics, or even videos, some of which they have on their site now.

If you are even in Manhattan - don't miss the opportunity to visit!

Sounds great - though I suspect none of us will be getting there soon. And as for ordering stuff, well let's just say we need to be patient. I've now got 2 parcels of shave soap which have been stranded in NY for weeks, and I'll consider myself lucky if they ever arrive at all.

Why can't we all have this in our local Chemist store, makes our lives a lot easier for all the real Aussie wet-shaving?

Would be nice huh!

Sounds great - though I suspect none of us will be getting there soon. And as for ordering stuff, well let's just say we need to be patient. I've now got 2 parcels of shave soap which have been stranded in NY for weeks, and I'll consider myself lucky if they ever arrive at all.

Yep, would agree with that. Scary thing is the number of US shavers living in NYC who have never been there!

There was a thread in another forum where a resident of NYC was complaining that it was too far to travel - I pointed out how many miles it was from Australia, and I'd been twice in six months!!

Blew.

His.

Mind.

I was there in 2015/17. First trip I overspent, impulse buying, got caught up in the moment, had a lot of fun. Second trip, very reserved, only purchased necessities, spent time with the other half, very boring.

Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC is the stuff of shaving legend, even having a website now, not something available when I was last there.

The Midtown Store, 53 East 34th St., New York, NY, 10016, I visited on our first big family holiday overseas at the end of 2010. I wanted a Simpson Chubby brush BUT wanted to see them in the flesh - not something possible at the time in Australia. My family obliged on the way to the Empire State Building...

I had to go back to NYC to speak at a conference only six months later, June 2011, and I stayed in the same apartment block as we had as a family - the doorman pretended to recognise me and welcomed me back, getting a BIG tip for his trouble.

Needless to say I went back to Pasteur, I think that this was when I got my Clubman Special Reserve @TomG. Of course I took a couple of photos -

Which simply do NOT do justice to the range - so much crammed into such a small place. Of course I'm not the only one to take pics, or even videos, some of which they have on their site now.

If you are even in Manhattan - don't miss the opportunity to visit!
It's on the bucket list!