Pb Calendula Balm

Pbgoose

pYQYTgFl.jpg

Doc suggested a Calendula Balm for our son so I cooked one up.
Ingredients: Calendula infused olive oil, Beeswax, Jojoba oil, Evening Primrose oil, Aloe Vera, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Filtered Water (RO), Vit E, Essential Oils (Chamomile and Copaiba), and Beta Carotene.

Thanks @Lego . It was suggested to reduce inflammation but yes it is suitable for eczema/dermatitis. Only fresh out of the kitchen so I haven't played with it yet but I'm guessing it would be suitable for general use and I'll give it go as post shave balm. It's too heavy duty for post shave balm generally but I've got dry skin so it might be handy after after a 'close' shave if used sparingly. It's certainly not soak straight in like a lotion.
My son has started using it but too early for feedback yet.

Just a wild thought but could you incorporate curcumin into the balm/cream? That would add a load of anti inflammatory priorities.

Yep, but how would you do it? Curcumin tablets ground and incorporated into the balm? Would Tumeric powder give you enough curcumin? Would you be better off just taking the curcumin internally?

Good job mate! It looks from the picture very ?waxxy? in texture? I mean long time to be fully absorved?

cheers
Fer

Good job mate! It looks from the picture very ?waxxy? in texture? I mean long time to be fully absorved?

cheers
Fer
Yes, waxy but I don't think overly so. It's not like a lotion that soaks in. That's why I use the Cetyl Alcohol and Stearic as well so it's not just relying on the bees wax for stability so I think it's maybe slightly less waxy then similar products we've tried.

I was wondering about the bees wax and the cetyl alcohol...now I understand...

I made up something for my wife with Shea butter and ~15% Macadamia Oil...perfect consistency and no help needed for stability...

@alfredus , yep you got it. Olive oil is a good medium to infuse calendula. You can either use the oil infusion straight or turn it into a balm, cream or multitude of other uses (maybe a shave soap like Calendula/Chamomile :))

Yep, but how would you do it? Curcumin tablets ground and incorporated into the balm? Would Tumeric powder give you enough curcumin? Would you be better off just taking the curcumin internally?

I was thinking curcumin capsules. You could just open up the capsule and mix in the powder.