Pb Carronoki

Pbgoose

9VmeDPul.jpg

Soap cook today inspired by Carrot Seed and Hinoki essential oils. I had made a face cream for my wife some months ago which included Carrot Seed essential oil which is very good for the skin. Carrot Seed is not usually used for perfumes but for it's therapeutic value, but I noticed post application there was some warm aspects of the fragrance that I like, so it was a candidate for trial in a shave soap.

The Hinoki reminds me of pencil pines that used to grow in my parents garden. It has a 'sweet, woody, balsamic aroma with a slight citrus tone', and is noted for it's calming qualities.

The base features Tamanu, Mango and Argon oils which makes for a luxurious creamy lather. The Tamanu gave the soap a deep lime colour during the cook but post cook the soap is a light yellow/lime colour which befits it's parentage.

In the test lather I was catching the component scents which was enjoyable but once I'd rinsed and was drying off, that's where the richness was for me. There was a warm woody rich subtle spicy scent coming through that I hope develops as the soap matures, otherwise I'll always be waiting for that 'moment' post shave. Maybe I should make up the AS and see if it comes out better there.

Ingredients: Stearic, Tamanu oil, Mango Seed butter, Argon oil, Tallow (Beef), Castor oil, Lanolin, Emu oil, Shea butter, Glycerine, Tussah Silk, KOH, NaOH, Filtered Water (RO), essential oils.
Essential Oils: Carrot Seed, Sage Dalmation, Hinoki, Black Pepper, Cypress, Geranium, Ginger, Vetiver.