Pb MnM

Pbgoose

I've been experimenting with a few different clays and the next on the list was Morrocan Rhassoul. One of the essential oils I purchased recently was Mandarin so I wanted to work around that as well, hence the MnM (Morrocan Rhassoul and Mandarin). @borked , it's taken me long enough, but I've finally got around to including Argan Oil, after you suggested it many months ago.:)
Not sure about the scent but sometimes it's not until it's in soap and been shaved with several times that I tell if it works or not.
Whilst I'm using predominantly the same ingredients, I keep changing the base recipe to see what combinations give what characteristics. This soap looked and cooked differently so interested to see what comes out the other end.
IQ0fVrAl.jpg

After a test lather, I'm reasonably happy. It lathers well into a substantial lather that feels good on the face, feels like it will have good cushion and slickness and should perform well shaving. I'm confident to do first shave with a straight tomorrow.
Still uncertain about scent. Whilst first obvious notes are Mandarin and Neroli (subtle but still present despite Neroli percentage being very small) there's other stuff going on, sweetness and earthiness, that are interesting but a bit evasive. The other soap I have with Moroccan Rhassoul clay content is the Meisner Tremonia - Moroccan Rhassoul, which has a well defined scent that I enjoy. I was hoping for a stronger scent for this soap but then again, as I stick my nose in the tub, there is a comfy blanket in there.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ingredients: Stearic, Filtered Water (RO), Palm Oil, Tallow (Beef), Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, KOH, NaOH, Glycerine, Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, Tussah Silk, Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Mandarin, Nutmeg, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Neroli, Cinnamon.

I've been experimenting with a few different clays and the next on the list was Morrocan Rhassoul. One of the essential oils I purchased recently was Mandarin so I wanted to work around that as well, hence the MnM (Morrocan Rhassoul and Mandarin). @borked , it's taken me long enough, but I've finally got around to including Argan Oil, after you suggested it many months ago.:)
Not sure about the scent but sometimes it's not until it's in soap and been shaved with several times that I tell if it works or not.
Whilst I'm using predominantly the same ingredients, I keep changing the base recipe to see what combinations give what characteristics. This soap looked and cooked differently so interested to see what comes out the other end.
IQ0fVrAl.jpg

After a test lather, I'm reasonably happy. It lathers well into a substantial lather that feels good on the face, feels like it will have good cushion and slickness and should perform well shaving. I'm confident to do first shave with a straight tomorrow.
Still uncertain about scent. Whilst first obvious notes are Mandarin and Neroli (subtle but still present despite Neroli percentage being very small) there's other stuff going on, sweetness and earthiness, that are interesting but a bit evasive. The other soap I have with Moroccan Rhassoul clay content is the Meisner Tremonia - Moroccan Rhassoul, which has a well defined scent that I enjoy. I was hoping for a stronger scent for this soap but then again, as I stick my nose in the tub, there is a comfy blanket in there.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ingredients: Stearic, Filtered Water (RO), Palm Oil, Tallow (Beef), Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, KOH, NaOH, Glycerine, Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, Tussah Silk, Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Mandarin, Nutmeg, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Neroli, Cinnamon.
My understanding is that the Argan oil should be most notable in post shave skin feel, particularly hydration.
That is what I'm interested to hear about, as apparently it is great for the skin.