Pb No:35

Pbgoose

6JwNlbhl.jpg

I'm on a mission to build a soap named for my late father. I've worked up a scent profile that includes a number of scents and idea's that I associate with his life and likes. There's aspects of the base that are consistent with those ideas as well. I am very happy with the test scent I built (family likes it too) but as usual when I apply it the soap base it has changed, mainly because I've included Tamanu and Hemp oils in the base which has dampened down the scent and added a pudding note. I'll let the soap sit for a while to see how it settles but I also think I'll be doing further iterations before I settle on something to put a name to. I'll be reluctant to remove the Tamanu and Hemp as they contribute to a beautifully rich and creamy lather.
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Tallow (Beef), Tamanu Oil, Hemp Oil, Emu Oil, Rosehip Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Apricot Oil, KOH, NaOH, Filtered Water (RO), Glycerine, Kaolin Clay, Tussah Silk, & Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Grapefruit, Vetiver, Thyme, Clove, Rose, Labdanum, Cinnamon.
Lathered nicely and shaved well. I was so happy with the scent so I thought I'd have this project finished much quicker than initial expectations. I was wrong. Just as well there's no rush or deadline. I don't think Dad is going to mind.:)

GPVMHHIl.jpg

Cooked Pb 35.1 this morning. This iteration is exactly the same as Pb 35 except for swapping out Kaolin Clay for Bentonite and the addition of whisky. The scent picture was ballpark but too pastel. Now it's paisley which is much more Dad. I'll live with it for a while before deciding it's future.