Pb Red Dwarf

Pbgoose

xQLsh2yl.jpg

After doing No:34 (aka Green Dwarf) I already had the Red Dwarf in my sights. Different base but largely the same scent profile with the EO percentages rejigged and the addition of Blood Orange and a decent dose of Rum. When I first put the test scent together I thought 'Oh no, I've just wasted this lot of materials' but after sitting overnight the scent came together with a couple of test audiences approving over the weekend. It also translated pretty well into the shave soap with maybe the blood orange coming to fore a little stronger than expected but not overpowering. This and the Mediterranean Clay makes for Pb Clary being a distant relation. The Buddha Wood, Vetiver and Sandalwood also do their jobs nicely providing some lovely richness and depth with the Ginger, Black Pepper and Camphor providing some liveliness. The rum calculation seemed to produce a larger volume than expected but again it's not overpowering with its contribution being subtle. When I measured out the rum last night it filled the bottle I had for the Red Dwarf scent and I thought 'that can't be right' and checked the digital scales and fortunately found the unit of measurement setting error prior to measuring out all the oils. What to do with the excess?:happy:...glug glug.... hic
The base is related to Pb Bay Thyme.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Palm Oil, Olive Oil, Mango Seed butter, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, KOH, NaOH, Mediterranean Clay, Bentonite Clay, Tussah Silk, Glycerine and fragrance.
Fragrance (essential oils + rum): Buddha Wood, Gurjun Balsam, Sandalwood (Santalum Album), Vetiver, Ginger, Black Pepper, Camphor, Patchouli, Blood Orange, Rum.

The test lather went well producing a thick yoghurty lather which felt good on the face. I expect it will shave well but that test is tomorrow. The mediterranean clay gives the
soap its colour with a subtle pink coming through into the lather.