Pb Spiced Orange

Pbgoose

B&M Nordost was the inspiration for this soap. I haven't had the opportunity of trying Nordost as yet as I think @Rabid Badger cleaned out Beard & Blade's remaining stocks.:) The Nordost description and a couple of reviews sounded interesting so I thought I'd have another play with Orange. Not having tried Nordost I'm not trying to replicate it so this exercise is just a play with Orange and rather than stick with just smokey orange I wanted a bit of a retro feel and add some spice and a touch of whiskey.
The base is a variation on Pb MnM which is another Pb citrus soap (Mandarin, Neroli).

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Palm Oil, Tallow (Beef), Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Emu Oil, Mango Seed Butter, Jojoba Oil, Bentonite Clay, Tussah Silk, KOH, NaOH, Glycerine, Beta Carotene, Filtered Water (RO), and Fragrance.
Fragrance: Coffee, Whiskey, Essential Oils - Sweet Orange, White Birch, Lemon, Petitgrain, Spikenard, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Vetiver, Copaiba.

I did want a hint of smoke and possibly it's too subtle. The Sweet Orange sings clearly enough with some subtle spiciness coming through. The coffee isn't there for straight coffee scent but just a hint for it's leathery retro influence which works with the Vetiver which also grounds out the scent.

I've had my nose in the test scent for the last few days so I'm finding it hard to identify with the fresh soap and it's lather when I test lathered it tonight. Mrs Pbgoose who had been a little reticent with her opinion of the test scent was much more enthusiastic about the scent of the test lather saying it was enjoyably subtle.

The beta carotene is there for colour but is also good for the skin. It does fade a little over a year (see Pb Phoenix) but it's fun while it lasts.

30M7gMxl.jpg

Spiced Orange was not the name I was looking for for this soap but failing inspiration means that what it is stuck with for now.

Don’t forget a good tipple of Johnnie Walker Double Black would go very nicely with the Pb Spiced Orange and a very relaxing shave.

Last edited: