PER Perth Meetup During Festive Season

TomG

Gentleman Shaver from WA ...
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Ok Perth lets have a meet up i am thinking Saturday 5th January its a ways of but it gets the end of the year out of the way which is always painfull and xmass an new year posably at Dome at Slaters piont . Just ideas but fully flexable on it .
Would love to join you fellas but unfortunately will be away until late January.
I hope you have a great time!
Just tagging @TomG, @Greenpike, and @no47 so they don't miss the thread :)

Not sure who else is around Perth?

Just popping these posts into the right folder so we can consolidate plans. @todras needs to have a central person to accept the delivery of five (5) bottles of his LE Festivus aftershave splash. I am happy to do that, but @Ross or @Greenpike, as you were first to respond, you may wish to be the central contact. People need to response to this thread and confirm that they wish to receive a bottle of the splash, and that they will attend the meetup. As noted in Dan's kind offer, the gift is conditional upon attendance of the meetup.

Tagging all Sandgropers I can think of - please feel free to add to the list.

@Bucephalus @DrBob @RazorPlay @no47 @Greenpike @Ross @Dustin L @Cris @ben74

Ready - Set - Go!

I wouldn't turn down a bottle if it was possible to pick it up at a future meet up but I understand if that's not possible and there are others that are keen and available during Christmas!

@Ross @erobins @Drubbing @Bucephalus @DrBob @RazorPlay @no47 @Greenpike @Ross @Dustin L @Cris @ben74

OK West Aussies - the mighty @todras has given us a deadline of next Thursday 29 Nov for attendees for the meetup, and subsequent recipients of the aftershave. I can assure those that haven't been to a meetup before that we are never stuck for conversation - the time flies by as we share our wet shaving tales. It is a good opportunity to bring along interesting shaving hardware and software you may wish to show and tell. It also a good opportunity to bring along products or samples you may wish to PIF, or items that you may be looking to sell or trade. We had some good fun along these lines last time.

Timing wise, I am reasonably flexible with it being before or after the dreaded Xmas - New Year stretch. Ross has suggested Sat Jan 5, which works for me. It will however involve an agonizing one month wait from receipt of the splashes.

Please post your thoughts on timing so we can lock in a date. Regarding venue, Ross has suggested Dome Coffee Salter Point; I'd add a few other options to that, and also throw it open to suggestions. Here is a list for consideration, please post thoughts and/or additions. I will need to consolidate date and venue early next week for forwarding to Dan.

• Dome Coffee (Salter Point)
  • Sail and Anchor Pub (Fremantle)
  • Wines of While (North Perth)
Cheers,

TomG

I’m in! As a damnable chalkie my life gets gloriously free from the 13th December... however this year I’m getting married on the 2nd January and then disappearing on a honeymoon till the 5th and I move in with my adorable squeeze on the 7th. So there is a window but it’ll be a bit difficult after New Years for me.

Furthermore to what @TomG said : there’s no fear the conversation won’t flow. We always have a great time chatting away for ages.

As I’m currently culling half of my possessions and also moving, I’d probably like someone else to be the contact. All venues mentioned are fine with me.

I’m in! As a damnable chalkie my life gets gloriously free from the 13th... however this year I’m getting married on the 2nd January and then disappearing on a honeymoon till the 5th and I move in with my adorable squeeze on the 7th. So there is a window but it’ll be a bit difficult after New Years for me.

Furthermore to what @TomG said : there’s no fear the conversation won’t flow. We always have a great time chatting away for ages.
Hey congrats and all the very best on the up coming wedding @Greenpike....

I’m in! As a damnable chalkie my life gets gloriously free from the 13th December... however this year I’m getting married on the 2nd January and then disappearing on a honeymoon till the 5th and I move in with my adorable squeeze on the 7th. So there is a window but it’ll be a bit difficult after New Years for me.

As I’m currently culling half of my possessions and also moving, I’d probably like someone else to be the contact. All venues mentioned are fine with me.
Congrats Mate!!

I am certainly interested. The only difficulty being that I am still on an around oz trip with the family and will only be back just before Xmas - which is why I haven’t been posting much lately! So I can’t be there for anything before about the 20th I suspect. Locations are all good for me...

Definitely interested in a catch up, timing wise I'm pretty flexible (although I am away for the next week or so). Locations wise, central or north would be my preferences....Freo (as nice as it is...used to work there) is a long long way from home and a big day out.

Hi all I have just changed my location as I am now living in Sydney but please support wet shavers in Perth as went to first meetup at Fremantle was about three years ago had a great time

@Ross @Drubbing @Bucephalus @DrBob @RazorPlay @no47 @Greenpike @Ross @Dustin L @Cris @ben74 @todras

Hi Chaps.

We need to bite the bullet today, so that we can meet Dan's deadline. Thus, taking into account Ross's request for date, and no47 for location, the venue and date/time is as follows:

Venue: Pirate Bar - 25 Green St, Mount Hawthorn. (08 9444 5444) Cool relaxed venue with good casual grub and excellent range of brews etc.
When: 2pm Saturday 5 January 2019

https://www.piratebar.com.au/

@Greenpike gets an honourable pardon as he's on his honeymoon, but I note that he returns on the 5th, so I wouldn't count the man out just yet! :D

Can I please have confirmation of attendance.

Cheers,

TomG

Last edited:
5 bottles confirmed, will be posted out on Monday.

Absolutely no way I can be there but I will be in spirit. I hope it goes off. I still have Santa's leftover blades etc from last year and I'll drop off to @TomG so everyone can share. I'll even have 5 handsome pottery brush soakers if people are interested. Bahahahaha.