Planet Express Questions

Atmoz

I’ve noticed some members here use Planet Express to ship splashes and fragrances to Australia with no issues.

For anyone who’s used them:
Which carrier should I use?
Are there any risks? (Rejecting the package due to dangerous goods)

The cheapest options are fine. Never had any issues but that was before USPS suspension of mail to Australia. Not sure if this impacts or not. FedEx has been fine when you want it faster.
DHL has been ok for me, but a few horror stories around the traps meant I won’t use them again for alcohol items.

Have only used them 3 or 4 times and tend to buy big and consolidate packages to get the most out of them.
45 days free storage for USD $10 deposit.
DHL has always been the cheapest option at checkout and no issue with alcohol splashes.
Some suggest only use the forwarding company (Planet Express) for alcohol based products and use the sellers postal services for other products. Don't think this works out any cheaper if buying more than a couple of items.
Recently inquired if the USPS suspension will affect next delivery and here is the response.

"FedEx and DHL options are still available. This may restrict USPS express and priority from being used."

Have only used them 3 or 4 times and tend to buy big and consolidate packages to get the most out of them.
45 days free storage for USD $10 deposit.
DHL has always been the cheapest option at checkout and no issue with alcohol splashes.
Some suggest only use the forwarding company (Planet Express) for alcohol based products and use the sellers postal services for other products. Don't think this works out any cheaper if buying more than a couple of items.
Recently inquired if the USPS suspension will affect next delivery and here is the response.

"FedEx and DHL options are still available. This may restrict USPS express and priority from being used."
How much does shipping usually cost you?

Use them regularly, these are my tips.

Use the fed ex economy option. I have used all the options, this one is the best balanced for cost, and speed of service.

Ship out from Los Angeles if you can as long as your not being slugged 8% sales tax from sellers. Oregon is more expensive on the shipping side although there is no sales tax. It's approximately 15% more expensive shipping from Oregon. This is the info they don't tell you.

Always mark your items as gifts not merchandise in the checkout. Planet Express will remove any invoicing for you.

Ensure your Customs declaration pricing and shipping costs do not exceed $1000 AUD or else your item may be flagged for GST and will need to be paid to the parcel company before release.

Declared cost of items is based on the figures you input. It's an honesty based system. If you try and cheat the system and declare value of goods lower than what they are, then any issues arising from it are on you.

Try and reduce product packaging as much as possible when consolidating. Let Planet Express remove outside boxes. This saves quite a bit space, and surprisingly weight. Space costs more than weight.

How much does shipping usually cost you?
I am not sure on specifics because I have never sent just one soap a/s set but from what I have seen you will pay about $30 for a single package so I consolidate 4 or 5 sets plus a few razors, brushes or a RyobiOne+ tool or some hard to obtain kitchen hardware and have never exceeded USD $100. Delivery has always been within 2 weeks.

Use them regularly, these are my tips.

Use the fed ex economy option. I have used all the options, this one is the best balanced for cost, and speed of service.

Ship out from Los Angeles if you can as long as your not being slugged 8% sales tax from sellers. Oregon is more expensive on the shipping side although there is no sales tax. It's approximately 15% more expensive shipping from Oregon. This is the info they don't tell you.

Always mark your items as gifts not merchandise in the checkout. Planet Express will remove any invoicing for you.

Ensure your Customs declaration pricing and shipping costs do not exceed $1000 AUD or else your item may be flagged for GST and will need to be paid to the parcel company before release.

Declared cost of items is based on the figures you input. It's an honesty based system. If you try and cheat the system and declare value of goods lower than what they are, then any issues arising from it are on you.

Try and reduce product packaging as much as possible when consolidating. Let Planet Express remove outside boxes. This saves quite a bit space, and surprisingly weight. Space costs more than weight.
Thanks for the tips, I’ll keep them in mind.

I am not sure on specifics because I have never sent just one soap a/s set but from what I have seen you will pay about $30 for a single package so I consolidate 4 or 5 sets plus a few razors, brushes or a RyobiOne+ tool or some hard to obtain kitchen hardware and have never exceeded USD $100. Delivery has always been within 2 weeks.
$30 isn’t as bad as I thought. Thanks for the info.

Its extremely tempting, myself im frothing for it but im going to have to wait now, hopefully someone here gets sick of theirs sometime in the future
I just happen to have a load of goodies sitting at Planet Express waiting for the final item to arrive :unsure: Vectorian Holiday ??
I have learnt this week I like AC razors and the Hawk v3 OC is very efficient and the smoothest aggressive razor I have had the pleasure of using to date. It is only the slightest bit too aggro and will remove the top off a pimple or nick the adam's apple if not careful but with the correct angle and pressure Baby Dolphin Butt Smooth results achieved without any razor burn (y)(y)

Last edited: