Platypus - 1st P&C LE brush is HERE – please add your pictures

20170209_Platypus_Proto_Mikes_L_Tub_S_zpsai0fdjfn.jpg

Like an oil-painting...

It was not that long to wait really, under 3 months including Christmas break. Pretty good effort from Tony.

That's what I thought- an amazing effort!
With you backing, @alfredus spent a good amount of time in R&D before settling it with @Tony Forsyth -Once worked out, Tony's efficiency and workmanship have been proved he was more than able for the task. [emoji1417]

The speed of the offering was quick too. These 25 brushes were only offered for less than a few days before being snapped up.

For those that missed out this time, you should check out Tony's website -he can make you a brush that will ease that frustration and put a smile back in your face! And it'll be a ripper of a custom job too!!!

The Platypus brushes arrived in Perth earlier this afternoon. Met up with @DrBob and @RazorPlay at a local coffee shop, where over a brew we unwrapped our brushes.
Wow - what a spectacular brush it is! I am really looking forward to using it.
Well done, @Tony Forsyth - superb craftsmanship. Also, thank you for the speedy delivery and excellent packing.
Also, a big thanks to @alfredus for your efforts in coordinating the project, and also to @Korbz and @Monsta_AU.
What a great community we have at P&C.

Well I have my Platypus in hand and I'm blown away. It is truly magnificent. I am really worried about whether I can bring myself to use it!

As others have said, well done, @Tony Forsyth for the superb craftsmanship, speedy delivery and excellent (almost TOO Fort Knox!) packing.

Big thanks to @alfredus, @Korbz and @Monsta_AU for your respective parts.

While LE products are always a little exclusive and thus exclusionary I do like that these are not numbered, unlike all of the other high end brush offerings I can recall.

Great to be a part of the community we have at P&C.

For our friends in the USA Australia Post Parcel id# are
Jay Koerber UA120631247AU
Howie Chatfield UC132918429AU

Thanks
Tony

@Tony Forsyth posted the tracking info for US members in post #29 in this thread...

Dang. Getting extremely jealous of you blokes. Any tracking info on the brushes heading to the USA?

BTW, I still think a banner for the 25 buyers would be cool: "Platypussy"

Guy's I think I have made my first Booboo !! :sorry:
They were both sent Standard Australia Post Airmail one with Insurance and the other was no insurance but should have had tracking. Unfortunately I never added the tracking. Being that the parcels were sent last Monday I would say you should be expecting to see them this coming week or so and I am very sorry about the Booboo !!
Tony.

Guy's I think I have made my first Booboo !! :sorry:
They were both sent Standard Australia Post Airmail one with Insurance and the other was no insurance but should have had tracking. Unfortunately I never added the tracking. Being that the parcels were sent last Monday I would say you should be expecting to see them this coming week or so and I am very sorry about the Booboo !!
Tony.

No Booboo on your side @Tony Forsyth - just AusFarce doing what they do best: making customers unhappy!

Both of these parcels should be trackable and have tracking included in their purchasing price. But of course the AusFarce homepage shows them to be untrackable...

Fortunately once they land in the US and you can track them on the USPS site. One of them has made it already to California and you can follow it now - I think it is yours @Joucas

The other one should be there in the next days as well.

Well I have my Platypus in hand and I'm blown away. It is truly magnificent. I am really worried about whether I can bring myself to use it!

As others have said, well done, @Tony Forsyth for the superb craftsmanship, speedy delivery and excellent (almost TOO Fort Knox!) packing.

Big thanks to @alfredus, @Korbz and @Monsta_AU for your respective parts.

While LE products are always a little exclusive and thus exclusionary I do like that these are not numbered, unlike all of the other high end brush offerings I can recall.

Great to be a part of the community we have at P&C.
I'm with you here upon this one.
I look at it, marvel the workmanship for something that's been produced by someone that has only been producing brushes for a few months, realise the exquisite skill and creativity gone into this, then remember there's only 25 of them to ever be made, and simply am unable to bring myself to use it!

@Tony Forsyth these are simply unbelievable considering your level of experience making brushes.
They're top notch for any artisan, let alone that!
I hope our American friends whore the images of these out upon the forums over the ditch, driving their members insanely jealous to the point they're virtually kicking your door down to throw their money at you for the chance of you making them a brush :)
Just let me finalise an order with you before you justifiably increase your pricing too ;)

No Booboo on your side @Tony Forsyth - just AusFarce doing what they do best: making customers unhappy!

Both of these parcels should be trackable and have tracking included in their purchasing price. But of course the AusFarce homepage shows them to be untrackable...

Fortunately once they land in the US and you can track them on the USPS site. One of them has made it already to California and you can follow it now - I think it is yours @Joucas

The other one should be there in the next days as well.

Interesting how 2 packages shipped the same day with the same priority to the same country can arrive days apart. Looks like adding insurance is really effective to expedite Aussie shipments. I had always assumed 14 days delivery and hoping for 10.