Platypus - 1st P&C LE brush is HERE – please add your pictures

Exactly when I finished packing up the other 2 :D

Yep yours is a bulb and definitely smaller than mine as well @nsavage, so here everything looks good (y)

@Joucas The more I look at your picture the more I think that what you have is a bulb not a fan. Even although the brush has bloomed a little giving it the appearance of a fan the curvature on the top of the brush would indicate a bulb. That's my thoughts after looking at and studying the photograph. You certainly cannot compare it to the other bulb in the photograph as they are entirely different types of knots, but happy for others more experienced than I to have a say. Certainly my working process did not lend itself to making an error, however mistakes can happen and I am far from being Mr perfect ;)

4Dw99rX.jpg

From looking at the 4 brushes now in my hands (and at the picture above): the bulbs are definitely more hybrid and not extreme German bulbs...

I have a 26mm fan. I can remember seeing the bulb knots when I picked up my brush with the Perth boys. It wasn't easy for me to tell the difference between a fan and a bulb in my view but I am not skilled in such things either! I certainly couldn't have done it in isolation and the bulb knot looked nothing like the extreme bulb on the left in the picture above.

Three_Standing_S_zpsf53njk4z.jpg

My Proto Fan in the middle (bloomed) - my bulb left and @boldsworth on the right...you have to look at the edges of the knot and then you can clearly see the difference...

Mmm, @Joucas is happy with his brush so no great issue guy's it is more for my peace of mind as too why he ended up with a 26mm fan and not a 26mm bulb as I specifically kept sizes and shapes in their respective lots all the way through production into packing. As @Joucas is happy with his, I am obviously more concerned now about the fact that someone else may have a 26mm bulb instead of a 26mm fan and if that is not the case then all is well that ends well.
Cheers
Tony.

Just wanted to let the "sleeping Platypus lie", but Tony the perfectionist won't leave it be :).

So, here is my Platypus along side another Bob Quinn brush from last fall. I AM TOTALLY HAPPY WITH MY BRUSH!!! But, if someone REALLY REALLY wants a fan and received a bulb, I guess I would cooperate. Be aware, though, that it is now a used brush.

--Jay

Guy's,
@Joucas thinks and looks like he may have received a Fan instead of a Bulb. If he did then it would mean that someone else must have received the incorrect one as sizes (24mm - 26mm) and knot shapes (Bulb Fan) were counted and checked during the making of the Platypus brush and everything checked out. I was also very pedantic during the whole making and especially the packing so I am at a loss as to explaining why or how. Does everyone have what they asked for? and does everybody now have their brushes ??
Thanks
Tony
Tony, I think @Batch300 is still brushless. :-(