Platypus - 1st P&C LE brush is HERE – please add your pictures

44fe65a6043623695832ea1c413a29bc.jpg
4240340d07ed842f46939ab4829e87ff.jpg

First shave with the brush this morning before an early flight to Fiji.

The brush is absolutely outstanding on every way. I have recently acquired many great brushes but this is after my first shave with it right at the very top. I have the 26mm fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit @todras , that is huge!

It almost covers my face, I have trouble lathering it as it covers the entire tub of soap two times over it's so big, I need a tub of soap the size of a fry pan - the bloody thing ought to be licensed before someone gets hurt!

Are you bloody pork chopping him again :D

Pork Chopped! You saw him do it right there and then :D

The brush is absolutely outstanding on every way. I have recently acquired many great brushes but this is after my first shave with it right at the very top. I have the 26mm fan.
That's pretty high praise from a guy who has purchased some very high-end brushes.

Tony, I think @Batch300 is still brushless. :-(

Thanks. I always assumed 10-14 days and hoped for delivery this Saturday or next Monday. However, the tracking number does not appear in he USPS system (typo, barcode not readable, USPS tracking gap, etc).

@Joucas - you obviously picked something faster than Standard Air with tracking. I am very envious of 24 P&C members!!

Thanks. I always assumed 10-14 days and hoped for delivery this Saturday or next Monday. However, the tracking number does not appear in he USPS system (typo, barcode not readable, USPS tracking gap, etc).

@Joucas - you obviously picked something faster than Standard Air with tracking. I am very envious of 24 P&C members!!

Hi @Batch300 all parcels were given to Australia Post on the 7-02-17 and both parcels to the USA were standard air mail, the only difference being that the other had insurance and yours did not. Being that they were posted on the 7th it has only actually been 6 working days since all were posted. May also pay you to contact USPS and see if they can track or tell you where the parcel is though. But I would say we need to give it a little more time yet to arrive. Certainly keep us all posted though.
Cheers
Tony.
X6HpuEG.jpg

Last edited:
Try the Australia post tracking, it should work a bit better.

Hi @Batch300 all parcels were given to Australia Post on the 7-02-17 and both parcels to the USA were standard air mail, the only difference being that the other had insurance and yours did not. Being that they were posted on the 7th it has only actually been 6 working days since all were posted. May also pay you to contact USPS and see if they can track or tell you where the parcel is though. But I would say we need to give it a little more time yet to arrive. Certainly keep us all posted though.
Cheers
Tony.
ROFLMFAO! Contact USPS? Last time I tried that, they treated me like I was crazy for even asking. Maybe if you told them the package contained anthrax spores. But probably not a good idea. Never mind.

Cheers
Tony.

Thanks for everyone's support. Currently I am more envious than worried and surprised how fast the other US shipment arrived.
After reading the Post Office tales of horror posts, I did upgrade to Standard Air with tracking.

I can't believe you were complaining about mail coming from Australia to the US not arriving after 6 days. Have you not seen our regular Auspost whinge threads? It often takes at least that long for me to get mail within the same country!

I can't believe you were complaining about mail coming from Australia to the US not arriving after 6 days. Have you not seen our regular Auspost whinge threads? It often takes at least that long for me to get mail within the same country!

Hey, it's what we do...

ixx7IB7.jpg

I met with @alfredus this morning for coffee and to exchange samples etc.

Star of the show was my 24mm Bulb P&C 2017 LE "Platypus". I don;t need to tell those of you who got one of these just how beautiful these look in the flesh because you already know. The awesome pictures that have been posted really do not do the brush any justice at all nor do they highlight just how good the knot is. These brushes were an absolute bargain compared to other comparative high end brushes and based upon my early observation the brush will certainly hold it's own in this category. One of the first things I noticed about the brush (other than how beautiful the packaging and handle are) is that the tips of the knot are already displaying signs of hooking, a very promising sign in deed!

Firstly it would be remiss of me not to post some pictures of my brush.

zUQDzAy.jpg

CZ9YlXw.jpg

R5waCDQ.jpg

A quick test lather proved very promising. The lather is not perfect (it is only lather from a hard puck of Derby soap after all) but I suspect that this brush is going to lather the top shelf soaps extremely well.

VdA2JtQ.jpg

Clumping of the tips of the knot as shown in the below picture (taken immediately after rinsing out the test lather) is something that I take to be a very good sign. The tips are already displaying gel like qualities in terms of feel as well and I suspect that this is only going to improve over the next dozen or so uses.

GGwMlFX.jpg

I recently acquired a few 26mm brushes having predominantly used 24mm brushes in the past. I'm not going to say that I prefer one size over the other as I find them both sizes to be most agreeable. That being said I was initially concerned that I may have done myself a mischief in getting a 24mm and felt that I should have perhaps gone for a 26mm. Fortunately after my test lather the post lather bloom proved that to not be the case. The knot has immediately opened up beautifully and is just right for me. these pictures are taken immediately post test lather so I expect that the knot will bloom a little more over the next hour or so as the brush dries.

R6rk0sI.jpg

KHgCmpa.jpg

G9jgMWK.jpg

All in all I am initially blown away by this brush. It looks like it will be a top performer and a firm favourite in my collection. For those of you that obtained one of these as a first step in to the world of quality badger brushes welcome to the party. Trust me when I say that they do not get much better than this (different perhaps in terms of knot qualities but not in terms of knot performance and quality of workmanship). Most of you are aware that I have obtained a number of brushes over the last 6 months or so and therefore know that this praise does not come lightly or through a lack of experience. I will post some further impressions when I have had the opportunity to give the brush a solid run.

I would once again wish to extend a very warm thank you and express my utmost gratitude to @alfredus and @Tony Forsyth for the effort that was made to make this exciting brush a possibility. You should both be proud of what you have achieved here. Special mention to @Korbz also for bringing @Tony Forsyth in to our hobby and also for the input that he had in making this happen.

Finally a picture of the Platypus being made welcome by it's new found companions. I think it is going to fit in extremely well :smuggrin:.

w4LQFSC.jpg