Podcast Recommendations

I crashed a Segway of all things just after Christmas. Fractures in lower leg bones. Not really nasty as broken bones go but still no fun. I'm only a week in but not looking forward to my 6 weeks of crutches . Pork banana sounds... Interesting:nailbiting:

Crap :(

Sounds ordinary mate - hope it all heals quickly!

My job as an external account manager means I have a TON of time to list to music, radio and podcasts. My current favourite is Revisionist History: this episode on Frederick Lindemann and a famine in India during the Second World War is a great place to start.

Otherwise, S-Town, Serial, Reply All and Criminal are / were all particularly enjoyable to listen to.

hqdefault.jpg

Is that you @dangerman :p:D;):whistle:

OR!!

gm-segway-puma-rm-eng.jpg
If I'd been on one like that second picture picture I would have been fine. I have a history of bad accidents on novelty modes of transport. Lost some a couple of front teeth on a quad bike learning on the practice track no less, about 15 years ago.

My job as an external account manager means I have a TON of time to list to music, radio and podcasts. My current favourite is Revisionist History: this episode on Frederick Lindemann and a famine in India during the Second World War is a great place to start.

Otherwise, S-Town, Serial, Reply All and Criminal are / were all particularly enjoyable to listen to.
Thanks for that link @huntereyes_ . Very glad I listened to that, though a devastating piece of human history. I've read some Australian history that recounts the then Australian Prime Ministers disappointment with Churchills response to a request for assistance during the 2nd World War, but can't be compared to the Indian famine.

Thanks for that link @huntereyes_ . Very glad I listened to that, though a devastating piece of human history. I've read some Australian history that recounts the then Australian Prime Ministers disappointment with Churchills response to a request for assistance during the 2nd World War, but can't be compared to the Indian famine.

Glad you enjoyed it mate. I’ll have to look more into the situation in Australia at the time.

The Ricky Gervais Show is a long time favourite of mine. The Chemistry between Ricky, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington is undeniable.

Inspired by some of the creative hobbies and interests people have indicated in this thread, I thought that the people here might have some interesting recommendations around podcasts.

So I thought I should search and see if we had a thread on podcasts, and it seems we do!

Consequently ...

iu

OK, now I have THAT off my chest!

Adding to those above, and I've picked up and listened to a number of those recommended, I would add -

13 Minutes to the Moon, Season One: The Apollo 11 Story

13 Minutes to the Moon, Season Two: The Apollo 13 Story

I didn't think that I would be interested in these - but was fascinated!

For plane nerds who use Flightradar24 a lot, and can get past the young US host's 'humour' - AvTalk

50 things that made the modern economy - Tim Harford

That should do for now, will try and think of more later!

I enjoyed binge-listening to this one recently:

And occasionally these:

I expect some among our number might object to the title of this one, but bear with me a moment, and at least listen to the stretch from 5 mins to 6:45. From our glorious ABC: Religion poisons everything, by the late Christopher Hitchens. I think this dates from 2009, but his erudition and delivery don't age.