Polishing Day

Greenpike

So... I had a few hours to kill and decided to crack out my Peek Polish and vintage razors. It was time for a POLISHING DAY!

Here's the finished effort...

20170521_160051.jpg

Quite happy with the results above. I even included my iconic copper and marble stand and brought in the Old Style I'd almost given up on.

Here's a collage of the before shots. They weren't in awful condition but most were dull and there were a few nasty stains on the baseplates and handles.
Collage_2017-05-21_16_03_16.jpg

And the afters...
Collage_2017-05-21_16_07_21.jpg

I can recommend the English polish Peak which I picked up cheap from The English Shaving Company (and its 99p shipping). I cannot believe how much work my 1909 Old Style took including breaking out the brass brush but it cleaned up amazingly. I actually got a glean! It was very dull and tarnished. All the stains that my LC and SC News had are gone. And the stand is almost pretty!

Last edited:
Good work, I am especially glad to see the stand polished up, I've always admired it, looking forward to seeing it shining in SOTD

I made two of them and sent them to a store in W.A along with a few razors about this time last year I think?
I can certainly make a few more as I still have some of the marble left, but at the moment you have a 'limited edition' one of only 3 out there!

Your thread gave me the little boost needed to pick up my Mother Metal Polish, a cleaning cloth & polish my entire rotation. I was so motivated that I also polished a dirty ugly NEW that I found in the wild last year :D (It was very ugly so I had no remorse using my Dremel!)