Poll: Desert Island Soaps...

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
Just for the sake of interest, and I expect a lot of variety here...

Just for simplicity here, you are stranded on a "desert island" (presumably with ample supplies of food and single malt whisky - oops, they're the same thing 😉), but you can only take one shaving soap.

Which would it be? To kick things off, mine (I've recently discovered) would be Stirling Bergamot Lavender.

That’s too easy, because, it’s cheap as peanuts for a whole box of 12 sticks.

arko-shaving-stick-shaving-soap-1_1_526x.jpg

MWF.
Best soap there is... though I suspect the lather may suffer if using water from a desert island... too hard.

APR Skye Fall - because I can!

Edited for typo

Last edited:
Controversial but I'd say Cella as its a breeze to lather and comes per kg. Saying that I'd happily S.O.S @Pbgoose to fly in some of his soap as I rate it that highly! :cool:

Controversial but I'd say Cella as its a breeze to lather and comes per kg. Saying that I'd happily S.O.S @Pbgoose to fly in some of his soap as I rate it that highly! :cool:
+1 for me.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I don't think I would want a heavily scented soap if I was limited to just 1. Cella starts off with a strong almond scent which fades away before I would get sick of it.

And I’ll pop Skye Fall as my desert Island soap (hopefully a cold island not too near the equator)
Having now done some hunting re the background of this soap, it sounds like I might agree if I could ever try it. Can't see that ever happening, though, so I'll move on. I'll never be able to buy a Lambo either. (Which is fine, as it would never get up my driveway 😊)