Prescription Glasses!!

LesC

Just completed my first 2 SR shaves, with my Red Bellied Black from Proserpine Razors, 4 days apart due to "numerous nicks/cuts". Is there a secret or recommended grip for shaving if you "have" to wear glasses? Yes on my 2nd attempt I tried a barber mirror, but no, the bottom of the glass frame and lack of vision to depth perception still existed. Maybe a Kamisori style 'hold" or razor?
Cheers in advance
PS; blind as a bat without them so "taking off" not an option :)

Hmm, I wear glasses but take them off to shave, and just enjoy the blurry goodness. The only way I could see it working is to lather up without the glasses on then take smaller strokes when using the razor. A mirror to the the side may also help when doing your cheeks so that you get a better angle and avoid hitting your frames.

Thankfully I only need my glasses for distance so I don't need them for shaving.

A Kamisori might be the go as the scales won't get in the way or smack your glasses. As an inexpensive trial maybe try one of these first:

Kamisori Shavette DEN SE – The Wet Shaving Co

I have one as well as a Hoshi Tombo Kamisori and the shavette is just as much fun to use.

Or as suggested by rbscebu, just open the scales to 90 and use as a Kamisori.

Hmm, I wear glasses but take them off to shave, and just enjoy the blurry goodness. The only way I could see it working is to lather up without the glasses on then take smaller strokes when using the razor. A mirror to the the side may also help when doing your cheeks so that you get a better angle and avoid hitting your frames.
giphy.gif