"Proraso Shaving Soap in Bar" Anyone heard of it or used it?

Dustin L

I was just looking at picking up a shave stick for some upcoming travel.

Using my Google-fu I stumbled upon a website that looks to be from Spain selling a variety of things but also a bunch of shaving soaps and aftershave. They also ship to Australia.

One of their products is called Proraso Shaving soap in a bar but I cannot find any article or video or anything on a proraso shaving stick or bar.

Here is the link : https://au.carethy.net/hygiene-and-health/proraso/p-171513

Anyone have any idea what this might be.

Never heard of that Store fromSpain. AFAIK, Vie-Long bars were used to be made by Lea; also use to make Bea, as a cheapo brand, and from the three, vielong was the worst, after reading some comments from my spanish fellows. I do not have direct experience and I don't kow any thing later than 2014-2015, so my knowledge may be outdate

If you want to buy some product form Spain (please note that La Toja, at least the Stick, is no longer made in Spain, but in Eastern Europe) or in a Spanish store, There are a few with very good reputation. Many Australian shavers (including fellows form P&C) have bought a lot form Gifts and Care. It is a store form Spain that is also registered here in the forum, with a really good reputation as great retailers and serious businessmen. They selll many products, but also manufacture/distribute some products with quite good reputation, including brushes and recently, a recreation of Floid blue aftershave (don't reckon they will ship to the Land of Oz) with really good reviews

cheers

Many years ago, I used Proraso after-shave cream. I cannot recall which, but it contained either menthol or eucalyptus oil. I was unaware of a shaving soap.

BTW, concur with @sealer 's comments regarding Gifts and Care.

For travel, buy local, pick up a stick of speick Can't go wrong.
When I first started DE shaving some 4 years ago I bought a stick of Speick but never could get it working right so put it to the back of my stash.
About 5 weeks ago I threw it into my kit for an overseas trip and used it almost every day. It’s a brilliant soap that I needed to just use to understand better. Now we’re like best buddies lol!
I also brought a tube of TOBS avocado along and have used it once and did not like the lather after using the Speick daily.

Go for Speick when it comes to travelling.