Review Q-Shave Pantheon V2

Director

Q-Shave Pantheon V2.

Hey gang, I mentioned this one in another thread and thought I'd try it out and report back. Was only a cheapy adjustable ($38) but was getting interesting reviews so here goes. Have a taken a pic next to a 6S for comparison. Interestingly the head size is pretty much the same in terms of length and width with the 6S head. being a mm or two higher.

kXbAuQQ.jpg

As you can see the handle on the Pantheon is a bit longer and thinner and the razor is lighter than the 6S as well. As for the shave itself, the Pantheon has a lot of blade feel, way more than I'm used to and it almost felt like it wanted to grab..but didn't. In fact out of the four shaves I've done so far I have had zero nics or weepers..at all. Am using a Gillette Rubie blade and have found so far that the best results are to use setting 3-4 on the first pass dropping to setting 2 and then setting one for the subsequent passes. This seems to give a very smooth result especially on the top lip and under the chin hard spots. The grip is good and have no slippage at all.

The only con so far is that the numbers and the position marker are very hard to see but those with 'younger' eyes will probably have no issues in that regard.

jVAb8Ic.jpg

Overall it's giving me a very smooth shave, on par or slightly better than the 6S without the weepers that I usually get. :) Will keep using it as my daily for the time being and see how it goes with different blades.

As for the shave itself, the Pantheon has a lot of blade feel, way more than I'm used to and it almost felt like it wanted to grab..but didn't.
I've noticed this about Chinese made razors, specifically AliExpress brands like Yaqi, Yintal, Weishi & Qshave. They all have a lot of blade feel which is fine at the lower settings but downright harsh at the higher settings.