Quick hello into this new world

Phunk

Hi Guys,

Sydneysider chiming in, been sucked into this new world of shaving and like with all hobbies.. it started off simple and gone expensive real quick!

Arsenal so far -

- EJ DE89
- Merkur 34C
- Merkur Futur
- Muhle R41 (pride and joy)

Soaps & Balms
- All 3 Proraso Soaps and Balms
- Phoenix & Beau Trafalgar (Soap and Balm)
- Ariana & Evans Vanille Tabac
- Nivea mixed with 15ml of Old Spice for scent (my fave combo so far)

On the hit list is the Rockwell 6S or the 3One6 as I want something smooth like the EJ DE89, but with a bit more bite!

G’day @Phunk ......... sniff sniff, just making is safe that you don’t smell like a skunk 🦨

giphy.gif

Hahah.. well...

My wife had the look of smelling a skunk when I plonked the Trafalgar on for the first time.

Thanks mate

giphy.gif

Good luck bro.... plenty more time for you to stock up more soaps and fragrances into your den

Yep...

Hence why it's been an expensive ride, but so enjoyable.

Especially once you nail dialling in a razor, it's like a little celebration

Welcome @Phunk !

... it started off simple and gone expensive real quick!

Not REALLY that expensive.

Think about the cost of carts - probably only a couple of months supply there

Think about the quality of the shave - you are simply doing it for your wife, you want to look and smell better for her

Think about the resale - you could recoup mush of your investment if you needed to.

Think about the legacy - you will have stuff you can leave you GRANDCHILDREN if you play your cards right.

Your welcome :)

Welcome to P&C @Phunk - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @Phunk !

Not REALLY that expensive.

Think about the cost of carts - probably only a couple of months supply there

Think about the quality of the shave - you are simply doing it for your wife, you want to look and smell better for her

Think about the resale - you could recoup mush of your investment if you needed to.

Think about the legacy - you will have stuff you can leave you GRANDCHILDREN if you play your cards right.

Your welcome :)

haha.. yeah, I lie to myself with those exact same sentiments as well!

*as I'm sitting here on beard&blade as we speak!

welcome @Phunk dont forget to have look the gamechanger options

the closed bar .84P is the smoothest then the GC OC and GC Jaws in that order. GC 84 more efficient than the DE89 and the GC JAWS is more efficient that the 84P. They are an all stainless steel razor for around $120

the Razorock LUPO in stainless steel is another option to consider, more efficient that the 84P and just as smooth (from what i have read from @Errol review which can be found here SS LUPO Review) for around $180. There is a cheaper aluminium model but i wouldn't bother with that.

or if you really want to hit the spot of smooth and efficient put your name down for a wolfman WR2 1.25 gap, just a touch less efficient than the R41 and very smooth.. but then your rabbit hole will suddenly get considerably deeper

good luck with your search

@StratMan - mate, thank you! definitely given me more options I'm after.

The DE89 is an aweosome bit of kit, and I also 'shimmed' it which made it a touch more aggressive but it lost it's smoothness.

I'll definitely have a look at the razors above, as long as they play friendly with Feathers, I'm set.

Who sells Razorock Gamechanger in Aus though?

@StratMan - mate, thank you! definitely given me more options I'm after.

The DE89 is an aweosome bit of kit, and I also 'shimmed' it which made it a touch more aggressive but it lost it's smoothness.

I'll definitely have a look at the razors above, as long as they play friendly with Feathers, I'm set.

Who sells Razorock Gamechanger in Aus though?

Razorock GameChangers in AU

if smoothness is your ultimate goal the 0.84P is the one for you, i use the JAWS with a feather sometimes but mainly a polsilver blade

Razorock GameChangers in AU

if smoothness is your ultimate goal the 0.84P is the one for you, i use the JAWS with a feather sometimes but mainly a polsilver blade

Where do you find the more obscure blades in Aus or an Aus online seller.

I've basically only found the more mainstream sites and they all pretty much stock a copy of each other's inventory.

Feathers for me I've settled with as the best of a bad situation, I love how sharp they are but they aren't necessarily smooth, where the Astra blades in both forms I've found to be horrible for my beard etc.