Quick hello into this new world

Welcome @Phunk with a name like that do you enjoy the funky smelling accouterments and fresh boar brushes?

A lot of good advice above for razors and support @StratMan recommendation for the Game Changer.

If you want quality blades and variety at a good price it's hard to beat https://www.razorbladesclub.com/
They are out of Sweden so may take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive free shipping over 100 blades

Here are a few to consider:

These I have tried and recommend

Astra - Platinum
Polsilvers
Feather
Gillette - Rubie Platinum
Gillette - Silver Blue
Gillette - Nacet

Recommended by P&C members and in the stash but yet to try

Astra - Stainless
Dorco - Prime Platinum
Dorco - ST-301 Stainless
Kai – Stainless Steel
Perma-Sharp - Super
Personna - Platinum (Israeli Reds)
Wilkinson - Sword (Germany)
Gillette - Yellow - 7 0'Clock - SharpEdge
Gillette - Black - 7 0'CLOCK SUPER PLATINUM

If you are looking for Aussie Artisans and Suppliers start here:
Australian Shaving & Grooming Suppliers and Artisans

Hi @Phunk if you want to save money, make sure that you don't read @Errol's weekly razor review. Man, that thing has cost me....

Funny you mention that, it was an @Errol post that brought me here!

I love reading great reviews and will hopefully start sharing some of my own newbie versions from what I have found in my short while of experiences.

You guys have all been so welcoming. It's nice seeing others blowing countless hours on this hobby as I have started doing! :)

Welcome @Phunk with a name like that do you enjoy the funky smelling accouterments and fresh boar brushes?

A lot of good advice above for razors and support @StratMan recommendation for the Game Changer.

If you want quality blades and variety at a good price it's hard to beat https://www.razorbladesclub.com/
They are out of Sweden so may take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive free shipping over 100 blades

Here are a few to consider:

These I have tried and recommend

Astra - Platinum
Polsilvers
Feather
Gillette - Rubie Platinum
Gillette - Silver Blue
Gillette - Nacet

Recommended by P&C members and in the stash but yet to try

Astra - Stainless
Dorco - Prime Platinum
Dorco - ST-301 Stainless
Kai – Stainless Steel
Perma-Sharp - Super
Personna - Platinum (Israeli Reds)
Wilkinson - Sword (Germany)
Gillette - Yellow - 7 0'Clock - SharpEdge
Gillette - Black - 7 0'CLOCK SUPER PLATINUM

If you are looking for Aussie Artisans and Suppliers start here:
Australian Shaving & Grooming Suppliers and Artisans

Thank you! I love supporting Aussie where I can and really appreciate the Artisan soaps as I've found them so much better than the run of the mill stuff (Artisan vs Proraso).

I'm a big fan of the sharpness on Feathers, but they still irritate me. I'm hoping to find somewhat of a happy medium on a blade of being sharp but smooth (especially when the R41 comes out). Astras don't seem to gel with me, they don't feel sharp enough and generally tug on my stubble.

Have heard great things about the Nacets though.

Once again, thanks for the links !

As for the username.. well, it was inspired by the smell of an 'Artisan' soap I have.. let's just say it's not a crowd favourite!

I'm a big fan of the sharpness on Feathers, but they still irritate me. I'm hoping to find somewhat of a happy medium on a blade of being sharp but smooth (especially when the R41 comes out). Astras don't seem to gel with me, they don't feel sharp enough and generally tug on my stubble.
Hi @Phunk check out squadron soaps in the list. Very popular among P&C members. I see The Warden is back in stock.
I can recommend the Gillette Rubies they definitely tame an aggressive razor while retaining sharpness. Although you can only tame an R41 so much. GLWT

BB

Razorbladesclub are not shipping to Australia or NZ right now, due to their government restricting mail they tell me. They expect to resume post-Covid19. I received an order about a month ago and it took 5 weeks which I think is fine as long as you are aware it will take a while.

Welcome @Phunk I hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place full of friendly knowledgeable ppl. Great to have you onboard. You will learn heaps... and spend heaps!!!.. and not necessarily in that order :)

Welcome @Phunk - I hope you realise the depth of the rabbit hole, I'm on my second go around and it's deeper than I remember :dead:.

This place is full of friendly and knowledgable razor fanatics - you'll learn heaps, I've been registered for almost 6 years but only really active since the end of April this year - I've already learnt more than I did in those preceding years.

Welcome @Phunk - I hope you realise the depth of the rabbit hole, I'm on my second go around and it's deeper than I remember :dead:.

This place is full of friendly and knowledgable razor fanatics - you'll learn heaps, I've been registered for almost 6 years but only really active since the end of April this year - I've already learnt more than I did in those preceding years.

Funnily enough, many years ago I tried out those Wilkinson sword entry level razors from Woolies, they had a cheap plastic shaft and the DE head on it. Being young and impatient, I threw it to the side and never touched it again..

Being a bit older and now more appreciative.. it's slowly becoming a very expensive hobby!

Like I explain to others, it's my escape at night.. the one place of zen and quiet! :)

I actually look forward to shaving!

Welcome @Phunk I hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place full of friendly knowledgeable ppl. Great to have you onboard. You will learn heaps... and spend heaps!!!.. and not necessarily in that order :)
Thanks mate, so far everyone has been great and have been trawling through all the threads in my downtime at work which has been awesome.

Problem is... I also have a few things in my cart to checkout! it's a dangerous world this DE shaving