The finished products sticky

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
What have you guys actually finished?

I have as of this morning finished my first bowl of TOBS Sandalwood. Been a big part of my shaves for months now, actually feeling a bit sad that it's gone.

Still have plenty of Proraso and TOBS Jermyn... so not running out any time soon :laugh:

A number of locally available creams/soaps that the snob in me refuses to name, a stick of Speick and numerous bottles of Nivea After Shave Balm. Other than that I'll have very few finished products to report for the next couple of years.

Talking of finished products, how about "stickying" the words Paste and Cut where Vision Collision now sits?

I'll admit to being an IT tragic and a complete noob when it comes to website hosting but unless there are legal, financial and/or other issues associated with changing the name I honestly can't see why we're still flying under the VC 4.0 banner. Maybe you could let us know if this is the case. Enough people have been dropping hints over the past few months so I'm sure i don't speak for just myself here.

It's more about the time and equipment to do it properly. Once I get my hands on Photoshop again, I will do so.

Or maybe I need to get some of my associates from a previous job to run one through for me...... and provide wine!

TOBS Jermyn is the only product I have finished and not given away half used.

Next will be the Eaton College TOBS I guess.

Since Aug 09:

3-4 sticks of Speick?
1 puck of Tabac
1 puck Cade
1 tube Proraso
1 tub Proraso
1 sml tub Cella
1 TOBS Avo
1 TOBS Mr T
200g of P160 (almost there)

There's been other stuff along the way that I've persisted with but given up on, or tossed early, but I'll probably always keep a few soaps and a couple of creams on hand. Probably won't change much from the above list, except with the inclusion of Arlington soap and cream and dropping the Proraso soap and P160. Still haven't decide on my favourite TOBS as yet. I've also got through quite a few balms and AS.

Last edited:
It's more about the time and equipment to do it properly. Once I get my hands on Photoshop again, I will do so.

Or maybe I need to get some of my associates from a previous job to run one through for me...... and provide wine!

Maybe you should set out the specs of what is required and have a competition to see what we come up with :eek:mg:

I was awesome enough to buy a tube of every TOBS flavour a few years ago. Only have Mr Taylors left. I PIF'd Eton College and Sandalwood.

Since my last post in this thread, nearly two years ago, I've been through a stick of LaToja, stick of Speick and a tube or two of Tabac cream.

In the 20 or so months I have been here, I think the only thing I have finished is a pack of Astras (5 pack).

2x Baxter of California a/s balm (one tube and one of the blue plastic bottles they sold a few years ago)

1x DR Harris lavender stick
2x Derby Menthol creams
1x Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn cream (very soon)

Lots of blade packs
Lots of cream samples
1x $5 brush from the chemist
1x tweezerman brush

How did you 'finish' a Tweezerman brush? I know mine sheds a little bit occasionally but I still think it should last for ages.

I'm close to finishing a stick of Arko that I started a year ago. Man it lasts for ages!

Same way I finished the cheapo brush from the chemist... it fell apart.
Well the tweezerman only started falling apart before I binned it so I may be a little harsh there.

A Monsavon bol à raser... French drugstore favourite :)
Samples of DR Harris creams in all 7 flavours (resulting in me now having bought a full size eucalyptus and considering Windsor)

Finally, after being at this wet shaving malarkey for 2 years I have finished my first product that isn't a 5 pack of blades.

The first tube of proraso that I bought at the beginning of my wet shaving journey has finally been squeezed until it can be squeezed no more.

I do still have one more tube of the old style and I hope it lasts as long.

Tube of Proraso Original on it's last legs. Might be able to encourage two more shaves out of it.

Another tub of Jermyn is not far away from completion either.

Hear a lot about Jermyn Street. Oh who am I kidding.....I'm not getting any more creams until I run out of one of my currents, which at the present rate won't be for another three years. Maybe if I just shave with one cream until I run out. That's desperate and boring. I could pretend that I'm running out of TOBS lemon/lime but that was a sample from Jugs so strictly speaking doesn't count and I'd like some of that too. I'm having extraordinary difficulties in talking myself in to buying stuff. It's sad in many ways.

It is sad really.

In this day and age it's sad that you can think that you have enough creams and soaps to use.

First rule of P&C: You do not have enough of anything.
Second rule of P&C: You do NOT have enough of anything.

@Pjotr you're considered something of a leader around here and to see you make such a statement...well, it's disgraceful.

Lift your game mate, get on to MensBiz asap.

EDIT: Finished a tub of Lemon Lime TOBS.

Last edited: