Razor advice needed

David7307

I have 2 TTO razors both Gillette, Blue and Red tips, the Red is supposed to be aggressive, i would like to find the same aggregation as the red tip, from a modern 3 piece razor with a smaller head than the TTO ones I already have,
what would you experts recommend, bearing in mind, i don't want to break the bank account

I have 2 TTO razors both Gillette, Blue and Red tips, the Red is supposed to be aggressive, i would like to find the same aggregation as the red tip, from a modern 3 piece razor with a smaller head than the TTO ones I already have,
what would you experts recommend, bearing in mind, i don't want to break the bank account
Muhle R89 is beautiful for me. Maybe more on the mild side. Maybe a merkur 38c as well [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too many variables to be able to recommend something. Everyone's idea of aggressive is different.

You got to try a few, there's no getting around the pain of paying to find out.

I know you don't want to break the bank, but ATT heads are wonderfully slim and manoeuvrable...Of course so are Wolfman's, But that's really breaking the bank ;)

If memory serves me right and NEW OC has also a slimmer head and is definitely a step up in effectiveness

Ikon Tech is a beautiful looking razor. Maybe a bit more aggressive than you are describing, however, the head is pretty small and efficient.

Would the Rockwell 6S be an option?
6S has a bit more size to it than the ATT razors. Wonderful, but not what I would class slim. Still highly recommended though. You could always pick up an aluminium ATT for around $96 US ex. shipping.

6S has a bit more size to it than the ATT razors. Wonderful, but not what I would class slim. Still highly recommended though. You could always pick up an aluminium ATT for around $96 US ex. shipping.

Yeah, I should shut up and stick with commenting on vintage razors :)

A Weber would be a good choice as well but they are hard to find and will cost a few bucks.

I have to share the sentiments above in regards to the necessity of trying a few out yourself to see what you like.

PAA Prismatic is medium aggressive (IMO), silm head like a tech and lightly scalloped. Love mine to bits and very well priced three piece razor. It is also based on a vintage Kirby beard and looks great.
As @Greenpike mentions here and I concur.

I'll chuck in a suggestion for the Standard Razor - I don't know how it compares to the red tip though, but I think it is a bit less mild than the DE89 head.

It also very much depends on the blade you're using. YMMV and all that

I am also debating on another razor.

+1 on the ATT Calypso Aluminum. Light weight helps maneuverability, different models, 30 day return
+1 on the Rockwell 6s or new 6c. Adjustable but "not small". Majority of users seem to like the 6s.
+1 on everyone is different. I had one of the razors recommended above, 3 shaves and eBay. Poor match for me.
Besides the size of the head, weight and length also important factors.

I would like to find the same aggregation as the red tip, from a modern 3 piece razor with a smaller head than the TTO ones I already have,
How did you go?

Not a modern razor but a RFB new should be suitably different and I find them to be efficient (I wouldn't call any razor aggressive as it's more the user imho)
When it comes to new razors... I'm looking at the Rockwell model T