Razorock BBS 2021

Rusty Bridges

Owns a betacord/betamax
Razorock has just released a few new plates for the popular BBS razor which look really interesting. Given the new options now available this razor could become quite the piece to own.

They are available in three new variations.

Available in 4 Options:

1. Standard - Mild-Medium Aggression on our Razor Scale (This one has been around for a while)
  2. OC - Open Comb - Mild-Medium(Slightly More than the Standard) Aggression on our Razor Scale (NEW)
  3. A - Aggressive - Medium Aggression on our Razor Scale (NEW)
  4. AS - Aggressive Step - Medium-Aggressive Aggression on our Razor Scale (NEW)

Italian-Barber-7-16-2021-4-03-21-PM.png

Will you be getting any of these and if so which one?

Kinda reminds me of the iKon Shavecraft and its different plates...? :unsure:

Razorock has just released a few new plates for the popular BBS razor which look really interesting. Given the new options now available this razor could become quite the piece to own.

Will you be getting any of these and if so which one?

I see no innovation here, just a very mild , mild, mid mild, efficient mild razor. Razorock already has everything covered with existing DE razors in SS
Mamba 53
Mamba 70
BBS ( original standard which claimed as mid mild, reality it was very mild)
Gamechanger .68
Gamechanher .84
Gamechanger OC .84
Jaws 84
Wunderbar
Lupo 72
Lupo 95
Lupo DC

Those are off the top of my head.

In my eyes, nothing new to see here , moving along.

I see no innovation here, just a very mild , mild, mid mild, efficient mild razor. Razorock already has everything covered with existing DE razors in SS
Mamba 53
Mamba 70
BBS ( original standard which claimed as mid mild, reality it was very mild)
Gamechanger .68
Gamechanher .84
Gamechanger OC .84
Jaws 84
Wunderbar
Lupo 72
Lupo 95
Lupo DC

Those are off the top of my head.

In my eyes, nothing new to see here , moving along.
All shave slightly differently and cater to individual needs. Some people might only like the BBS and want to try a more aggressive shave with the same/similar geometry and it's cheaper than buying another stainless razor. Definitely nothing innovative though, however, how far have Safety Razors changed in 100 years?

The way I am choosing to look at it is that one of the most consistent complaints I have heard in regards to the BBS is that there isn't enough blade feel or that it is too mild in which case these plates seem to perhaps address that.
I am not expecting much of an innovation or anything particularly new to the table here but this is perhaps a call of appeal for those that perhaps bought the BBS and felt it was too mild or didn't buy it for that reason.

I'd say the Mamba and the BBS razors share very similar characteristics but can't say for sure that they feel the same and shave the same as I have not had either razors. I can say from experience all the Gamechanger razors feel and shave different to one another based on the variations in base plates so in that regard I do feel that this is a valid addition but by no means should anyone go out buying them and expecting an innovation in shaving or evolutionary leap and that goes for just about any razor released today.
If you have a lot of razors or Razorock razors then it's likely you may not experience much of a difference at all.

Razorock does have a lot of razors though and perhaps none of these base plates will make enough of a difference to make the BBS razor worthwhile for some. I guess time will tell.

I completely forget about iKon even though they have been around for ages.