Razorock Lupo stainless released tomorrow.

The SS Lupo 95 is interesting. What reference in blade gap would it equate to in the WR1 ?
A quick comparison of Wolfman's website shows:
WR1 .48mm Mild; .61mm Standard; .86mm Aggressive
WR2 .95mm Mild/Medium; 1.05mm, 1.15mm, 1.25mm Aggressive - Up to 1.55/1.65mm

Having tried both WR1 .61mm & WR2 .95/1.05mm = both shave similarly with added blade feel in WR1 standard but hardly noticeable.
The heads are different designs with personal preference for the WR1 but many prefer the WR2.
The higher you go up in the WR1 = more blade feel whereas WR2 you often see guys going well above 1.25mm before they notice any significant aggression/blade feel. Hence requests for James to produce 1.65mm gap but yet to see anybody shave with a WR1 above .86mm gap...?
Maybe @alfredus or @Errol can assist further as I only have limited experience using both heads.

A quick comparison of Wolfman's website shows:
WR1 .48mm Mild; .61mm Standard; .86mm Aggressive
WR2 .95mm Mild/Medium; 1.05mm, 1.15mm, 1.25mm Aggressive - Up to 1.55/1.65mm

Having tried both WR1 .61mm & WR2 .95/1.05mm = both shave similarly with added blade feel in WR1 standard but hardly noticeable.
The heads are different designs with personal preference for the WR1 but many prefer the WR2.
The higher you go up in the WR1 = more blade feel whereas WR2 you often see guys going well above 1.25mm before they notice any significant aggression/blade feel. Hence requests for James to produce 1.65mm gap but yet to see anybody shave with a WR1 above .86mm gap...?
Maybe @alfredus or @Errol can assist further as I only have limited experience using both heads.
What’s the standard aggression on the WR2??

Somewhere between pugnacious and belligerent I believe.

Is that right @Razor Burn ? @alfredus, your view?

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there is a WR1 with a 0.9mm+ gap out there...

The standard WR2 is .95 and sits exactly between the WR1 standard and the Guerilla.

For me the standard WR2 is less close than the standard WR1, but also feels much smoother...but I like mild razors.

I believe there is a WR1 with a 0.9mm+ gap out there...

The standard WR2 is .95 and sits exactly between the WR1 standard and the Guerilla.

For me the standard WR2 is less close than the standard WR1, but also feels much smoother...but I like mild razors.

Without having tried the Guerilla personally I agree with @alfredus that the WR2 .95 (standard) isn't as close a shaver, with the WR1 .61 (standard) my favourite of those I was lucky enough to trial.

Ideally I'd happily grab the WR1 standard SB as its so far the best shaver I've tried (until the Rocca V4) and I found the WR2 head wasn't as nimble for under the nose nor shaved as close for my beard growth meaning I'd need to grab 1.25mm+ and even then there's no guarantee it will shave as good as WR1 or Rocca...?

The beauty, pardon the pun, of the Wolfman is that the design provides for a super smooth and comfortable shave no matter the direction so it doesn't surprise me that there exist crazy blade gaps but as with much of this hobby, YMMV and unless you try all the different combinations you're stuck taking a guess and in this instance a very expensive one.

I have read some good reviews of the Lupo and understand the appeal but having owned other offerings from this vendor I'm yet to try a razor that screams "keep me" and I don't begrudge anybody waiting till crazy hours in the morning so they can grab the latest release of the Lupo.

@GrumpyGreek1966 is the one who has it
Ah see he's Greek so that explains it! :LOL:
Jokes aside, for those poor soles who have met me its very obvious that I too would need a more efficient razor but not game enough to try the WR1 anywhere about say .67 gap as it would be a face peeler! o_O

... but having owned other offerings from this vendor I'm yet to try a razor that screams "keep me" and I don't begrudge anybody waiting till crazy hours in the morning so they can grab the latest release of the Lupo.
Six months(ish) ago, I was under the firm belief that the GC-JAWS was my "forever" razor. How wrong I was. What's changed?

I've become a spoilt brat, that's what. :rolleyes:

I haven't committed to moving it on at this point, but I've been considering it. :unsure:

Six months(ish) ago, I was under the firm belief that the GC-JAWS was my "forever" razor. How wrong I was. What's changed?

I've become a spoilt brat, that's what. :rolleyes:

I haven't committed to moving it on at this point, but I've been considering it. :unsure:
I share your thoughts as I felt that way with the Game Changer & Wunderbar slant with both equally fine razors but left me seeking more efficiency so catch & release! We're truly spoiled for choice :)

Without having tried the Guerilla personally I agree with @alfredus that the WR2 .95 (standard) isn't as close a shaver, with the WR1 .61 (standard) my favourite of those I was lucky enough to trial.

Ideally I'd happily grab the WR1 standard SB as its so far the best shaver I've tried (until the Rocca V4) and I found the WR2 head wasn't as nimble for under the nose nor shaved as close for my beard growth meaning I'd need to grab 1.25mm+ and even then there's no guarantee it will shave as good as WR1 or Rocca...?

The beauty, pardon the pun, of the Wolfman is that the design provides for a super smooth and comfortable shave no matter the direction so it doesn't surprise me that there exist crazy blade gaps but as with much of this hobby, YMMV and unless you try all the different combinations you're stuck taking a guess and in this instance a very expensive one.

I have read some good reviews of the Lupo and understand the appeal but having owned other offerings from this vendor I'm yet to try a razor that screams "keep me" and I don't begrudge anybody waiting till crazy hours in the morning so they can grab the latest release of the Lupo.

Oh I didn't want to mention that the BBS-1 is as close as the WR1 with the smoothness of the WR2...that would be just mean of me, wouldn't it :D