Razors to 'like' or 'love'.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Been going through my collection of razors and getting rid of some (no storage space to spare now).
I had to decide what to keep, and what to sell.
The razors I love are my polished ss Timeless .68 and .95 OC (haven't used the .68 plate in years though), ss Karve with SB plates C to G (usually use E or F plates), Mamba 53 (hardly used at all...but it's a sweet wee razor and I keep it as a pet), Fatip Piccolo OC
I like the Gillette 109 Black Beauty (but don't 'love' it).
Sold the Black Bird as I only liked it (didn't love it).
I don't like my Tech, or Slim Twist, or Fatip Piccolo Gentile (bought new, used once, put it away)...so that leaves 3 more razors to move on.
That leaves me with a few more to sort through once I find where they are packed away (in a box 'somwhere' I'm told).
I may yet do a PIF of the Tech, Slim Twist, and Fatip Gentile just to get them out of here.
Do any of you have a similar wee group of favourites (love or like), and yet still keep razors that you don't use anymore?

I tend to move the ones I dont love on within a few months of buying.
There are a few keepsakes I rarely reach for and have to come up with new ideas to rotate through them ie: comparing blades or vintage razors to modern.

I’m in the same boat.
I still enjoy using my Masamune, Lupo and Ralf Aust once in a while but almost never reach for them after getting the Blackbird.
I’m most likely going to sell everything except the Blackbird to fund my 3 grail razors.

I’m in the same boat.
I still enjoy using my Masamune, Lupo and Ralf Aust once in a while but almost never reach for them after getting the Blackbird.
I’m most likely going to sell everything except the Blackbird to fund my Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 purchases.

FTFY

@OP may I humbly suggest donating the prospective PIF's to the charity auction?
Be it this or next year.
Your right of course to decide what you desire to do :)

For a long time now, I've been operating with just two razors, since I don't really like having too much of a collection. The Vector is my grail razor, and I have a horror of breaking it, so I have to have a backup. I like the SS Hawk, but I don't love it. Next year, I'm giving some consideration to bringing a Colonial General V2 into the den (postage permitting), and if that's as good as people say I'll most probably move the Hawk onwards to another home.

For a long time now, I've been operating with just two razors, since I don't really like having too much of a collection. The Vector is my grail razor, and I have a horror of breaking it, so I have to have a backup. I like the SS Hawk, but I don't love it. Next year, I'm giving some consideration to bringing a Colonial General V2 into the den (postage permitting), and if that's as good as people say I'll most probably move the Hawk onwards to another home.

What better backup than a Titanium Vector! :)

What better backup than a Titanium Vector! :)
Hmmm, enabler extraordinaire, well done. (y) You have a point. For a razor that can't be improved upon, just get another one in a different metal. I shall bear that in mind for 1/1/22. Of course, I do change my mind at least as frequently as any woman, but then I have a lot of it to change. :p And I'm not in politics, so I can be as capricious as I like. :LOL:

Hmmm, enabler extraordinaire, well done. (y) You have a point. For a razor that can't be improved upon, just get another one in a different metal. I shall bear that in mind for 1/1/22. Of course, I do change my mind at least as frequently as any woman, but then I have a lot of it to change. :p And I'm not in politics, so I can be as capricious as I like. :LOL:

Wow, fickle AND capricious :unsure:

....to fund my 3 grail razors.
I just gotta know...what are your grail razors?
On another note...I looked at the Fatip Gentile the other day (the one I used once and bunged away in a box forever).
Thought I'd give it a second chance. Bunged in a Minora stainless, lathered up with Speick, .....and had a damn good shave.
Same again this morning...another good shave.
All that's changed is I have better soaps now and different blades. I think Derby and Gillette Silver Blue where my entire blade choices back then. Quickly learnt to dump the Derby...mailed them off to my brother in Australia.
I've had the Fatip Piccolo OC and Gentile for years now.
Always liked the OC...smooth as with any blade. The Gentile never was as smooth, and I knew all about the blade alignment thingy too...so that wasn't the problem.
But now the Gentile works just fine. It's going to be both my travel razor, and my 1st pass razor for a while. My 2nd pass is usually with the Karve and #F SB plate.
So the Gentile is now in the 'like' group.

Similar to @StratMan, I'm more of a hoarder who enjoys rotating between my collection. If I could have my time again I'd happily just get a Rocca with Wizamet or Minora blades and be happy but that's not fun and having the opportunity to trial some premium razors I'm happy I added the Smart Helix Apollo and my holy grail razor the Gen 1 Charcoal Goods Level 2. I also enjoy the simplicity of the 34C/37C as a simple, trouble free shave.

I've put off adding any shaving gear this year but desire to add another premium razor with preference for a Wolfman WR1 or more likely a Vector Ti as I look to celebrate my 40th birthday end of this year. I was leaning on the Taiga adjustable but the recent modifications and price have put me off... :bag:

ok so my Timeless 95 has gone from wanting to sell it, to liking it and now to loving it.. its up there with the wolfman, Lupo and Rocca. I may of improved my shaving technique a little bit but the lather I am making these days is amazing, which it seems turns out to be the missing link. Such a super smooth and close shave :)

I've put off adding any shaving gear this year but desire to add another premium razor with preference for a Wolfman WR1 or more likely a Vector Ti as I look to celebrate my 40th birthday end of this year. I was leaning on the Taiga adjustable but the recent modifications and price have put me off... :bag:
Ignoring my well-known preference for the Vector, you have the perfect opportunity to scratch your itch for a lycanthrope in this year's auction. Just sayin'... ;)