Recomendations for Summer Stick Deodorants

@Dale.Whiley I'm only just checking out the smell of the Jack Black Pit Boss while I'm picking up my book tomorrow at Dymocks in the city, I wasn't going to buy it because I have no idea of the smell of Jack Black Pit Boss ;)

$28 from Mens Biz

Am I missing something here? A block of alum that lasts & lasts plus a stick of Old Spice or Brut Original for $6-7 from Woolies compared to $28. I must be missing something???

Fair point, Dale.
I tried an Alum block for a fortnight, good for perspiration, but found that odour crept back pretty quickly. I then tried an alum block in combination with some deodorants. Still had the issue with odour.
The Pit Boss absolutely nailed both odour and wetness - nothing I've tried comes close. And as @todras says, it has a pleasant neutral scent that doesn't conflict with your A/S or cologne.
Having said that, we all have unique skin chemistry and biology, so different strokes for different folks.

The Pit Boss absolutely nailed both odour and wetness - nothing I've tried comes close. And as @todras says, it has a pleasant neutral scent that doesn't conflict with your A/S or cologne.
Having said that, we all have unique skin chemistry and biology, so different strokes for different folks.

@TomG reading this is telling to get it and try it at least $28 won't kill me, and how long does yours last normally??

@TomG reading this is telling to get it and try it at least $28 won't kill me, and how long does yours last normally??

Speedy - the best review I can give is when I'm camping, with no washing facilities. It hangs in for about 3 days on a single application.
Hence, in an urban scenario, it kills it.
Yes - it is pricey for a stick deodorant. But man does it do the business.

$28 from Mens Biz

Am I missing something here? A block of alum that lasts & lasts plus a stick of Old Spice or Brut Original for $6-7 from Woolies compared to $28. I must be missing something???

$28 is on the cheaper end of things, most of them (D R Harris, TOBS, etc) run to around $34 per stick or the full tilt $48 for the Acqua di Palma.

The price point reflects the scent....

The moment I read the title of this thread I was going to suggest the Jack Black Pit Boss so if anything it's another node from me on the Pit Boss.
Some people say the scent is reminiscent of the old Speed Stick but I assure you its quality is of a much higher standard.
I find that a little trim and tidy up under the pits helps also to not only reduce sweat but also prevent you from going through your deodorant too quickly whilst also removing the issue of product build up as it can leave marks on black clothing if you apply too much. This usually only happens when I apply too much or attempt to put on a black t-shirt after I have just put on deodorant.

Prior to Jack Blacks Pit Boss I would use Baxters of California which is nice in the colder months and avoids the issue marking clothing but eventually I found that my body chemistry would not mix well with the scent of the Baxters of California which would emit an unpleasant odor. I still use it from time to time however I use it sparingly as it still very nice.

It's probably been said before and well known here but there are two types of products designed for addressing the issue and it's unfair for me to compare Baxters of California Deodorant to Jack Black's Pitt Boss Antiperspirant as they each been designed to attack the problem from different angles.
Baxters Of California will not prevent you from sweating but will theoretically allow you to smell fresh and deodorise you whilst an antiperspirant will prevent you from sweating thus preventing odour.
Baxters also contain's very neutral ingredients which make's it a nice choice for some people but not all as I have found out.
Whilst the Jack Black is expensive I have seen some expensive Rexona deodorants in the supermarkets that aren't worth the cost in my opinion.

Alum is a nice natural alternative however I find that it does not fit my needs.

Let us know how you go with your choice as I am always keen to hear people's feedback and learn from others.

Sorry for the double post. :)

Helpful insights - thanks guys!

My GP recommended this for Autumn & Winter and it smell just like you've got out of the shower.

Rexona-Women-Clinical-Protection-Anti-Perspirant-Deodorant-Shower-Clean-45ml.jpg

And I used this for Spring and Summer
rexona-clinical.jpg
Tried Rexona Clinical Protection for a week. Not exactly the ones on the images, but Rexona Men Clinical Protection. While it performs great it smells like chemicals in a public toilet ("fresh masculine scent" as they said). I guess it's like Arko soap smell for some people. Need to check other ones from Rexona. May be they've got better scents.

Anyone tried Tom's of Maine?

I use Tom's of Maine "wood spice" and like it,would buy again.
When empty the container can be used for Arko,or similar soaps.
Bay Rum Australia,has Ogallala bayrum deodorant on special,worth a look

Tried Rexona Clinical Protection for a week. Not exactly the ones on the images, but Rexona Men Clinical Protection. While it performs great it smells like chemicals in a public toilet ("fresh masculine scent" as they said). I guess it's like Arko soap smell for some people. Need to check other ones from Rexona. May be they've got better scents.

Anyone tried Tom's of Maine?
Have tried various offerings from Tom’s, but for some reason, I kept getting irritation and rashes.

Mitchum Unscented roll on for me - I can't walk past the great value. Unprecedented long lasting anti-perspirant action - better than Rexona roll-on although the Rexona is still pretty good at that. Rexona fragrances also last a decent period of time but smell cheap in my nose.

Because the Mitchum doesn't have the cheap Rexona smell you can use whatever decent quality, long lasting EdT, EdC, deodorant, etc without it clashing. I usually go with an EdT/EdC option.

Deodorant sticks by themselves don't work for me. The smell of my sweat soon overpowers them! So I get a clash between BO and whatever fragrance I've put on that morning - the result is not good no matter how good the scent is! I need something that stops the sweat and lasts a long time to give room for the right scent. Might have to try an alum block as well...