Recomendations for Summer Stick Deodorants

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
With the warmer weather on the way I am looking for a few stick deodorants, I have a few of the TOBS sticks and a D R Harris (Arlington) - a fair few of the larger shave companies produced paired sticks in this regard.

Was after any suggestions, personal likes or recommendations. I tend to avoid the aerosol deodorants as they nuke the bathroom with propellant and don't tend to work all that effectively. Anyway, any and all suggestions appreciated.

If you want something to control perspiration, then those commercial sprays or roll on are the only options unfortunately.

If you want protection against odour, then an alum block will give you full day protection, even in peak summer, gym/sports etc etc.

I've used only an alum block daily after my shower for the last 7 years and this is it for me...the only product I'll ever need in this regard.

Speick stick smells nice and provides protection against odour but is not as effective in more demanding situations like gym/sport.

If you're looking for a stronger scented but natural deodorant, check out iherb for a huge range!!

With the warmer weather on the way I am looking for a few stick deodorants, I have a few of the TOBS sticks and a D R Harris (Arlington) - a fair few of the larger shave companies produced paired sticks in this regard.

Was after any suggestions, personal likes or recommendations. I tend to avoid the aerosol deodorants as they nuke the bathroom with propellant and don't tend to work all that effectively. Anyway, any and all suggestions appreciated.

Only one real option here. The all purpose multi-functional ARKO!!!!!!!!!! . (The only thing to be careful of is men around you may get uncomfortable bladders as the unique aroma of ARKO!!!!!!!!! reminds them of somewhere else).

Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus deodorant; I believe it's alcohol and aluminum free, so it doesn't stain clothing. I've used it exclusively for a few years now and love it, scent lasts a good while for something that is less abrasive compared to your standard drugstore deodorants such as Old Spice, Degree, etc. You can buy it at major department stores in Australia now.

Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus deodorant; I believe it's alcohol and aluminum free, so it doesn't stain clothing. I've used it exclusively for a few years now and love it, scent lasts a good while for something that is less abrasive compared to your standard drugstore deodorants such as Old Spice, Degree, etc. You can buy it at major department stores in Australia now.

Great question @todras and this is an interesting looking response. More info here - http://www.malinandgoetz.com/body/eucalyptus-deodorant

Where do you buy in Oz?

Great question @todras and this is an interesting looking response. More info here - http://www.malinandgoetz.com/body/eucalyptus-deodorant

Where do you buy in Oz?
I bought a stick about a year ago at the Westfield Mall in the CBD, Sydney. I believe on the same floor where they sell all the makeup, perfume, EDTs, etc. There's a store on that floor that sells Le Labo perfume, right beside that store, they also sell Malin+Goetz deodorants, shampoo, lotions, etc. Now that I live in Melbourne, I'm not sure, but I could probably get it somewhere here too, just haven't looked as I have an extra stick.

Thank you for this great response @walklikeaduck I will have to get hold of some. My only concern would be the eucalyptus scent clashing with my splash or cologne, how strong is the scent from it ?

An alum block is the only game in town!

I have used an allum block under the arms and both went up like highly irritated, red swollen balloons. It was in February too when I used it so it was bloody unpleasant that week :D

I ordered a GTF West Indian Limes and a TOBS St James stick last night from Mens Biz, that will keep me going as it gets warmer.

I use a block of alum to ward off bacteria and shrink the pores.
Trimming the hair reduces real estate available for said bacteria to grow upon, thus reduces the liklihood of odour.
Finally, for moisture control, I utilise...
images

These three points of action work well beyond anything else I've tried thus far.
Of course there's botox as an option....

Thank you for this great response @walklikeaduck I will have to get hold of some. My only concern would be the eucalyptus scent clashing with my splash or cologne, how strong is the scent from it ?

I have used an allum block under the arms and both went up like highly irritated, red swollen balloons. It was in February too when I used it so it was bloody unpleasant that week :D

I ordered a GTF West Indian Limes and a TOBS St James stick last night from Mens Biz, that will keep me going as it gets warmer.

The eucalyptus isn’t a strong scent in my opinion; very subtle. You don’t really notice unless you get very close and are lifting your arms haha.

I use a block of alum to ward off bacteria and shrink the pores.
Trimming the hair reduces real estate available for said bacteria to grow upon, thus reduces the liklihood of odour.
Finally, for moisture control, I utilise...
images

These three points of action work well beyond anything else I've tried thus far.
Of course there's botox as an option....
Knowing you, I'm surprised there's no room for some
gold-bond-original-and-extra-strength-02_dd74205d.jpg

Powders and I tend to disagree unfortunately :(
Thanks for the heads up though :)
Think I'll stick to sucking menth crystals on the warmer days down here...

Jack Black Pit Boss is my go-to stick.

I use that too, it's excellent being neutral smelling and for protection and longevity.

@TomG & @todras I might give Jack Black Pit Boss a spin and where do you normally buy it from locally, and how much do you normally pay for this I'm guessing is around $40 AUD :unsure:;)