Recommended machine for home

I think that they are only available YKW ... :)
Now that's irony. Hey wait a sec, I thought Yanks couldn't grasp it? Must just be my way of making sense of it.
....if it isn't ironic, shudder!

I think that they are only available YKW ... :)

People do understand this was being silly?

I did a little Googling and it seems that this letter from the Starbuck CEO saying no open carry in their stores lead to a range of ]parody] responses, some of which are available here.

So shop till you drop @stillshunter !

I did a little Googling and it seems that this letter from the Starbuck CEO saying no open carry in their stores lead to a range of ]parody] responses, some of which are available here.
An interesting, yet startling read. It's not ironic at all. What is wrong with those people?

Unbelievable. I'm just finding it harder and harder to not believe that the whole USA is really like that.

Unbelievable. I'm just finding it harder and harder to not believe that the whole USA is really like that.

Like what ? Gun running 'coffee' drinking preacher men?

Nice. Looks to be $199 delivered from Myer if anyone else is interested.
Can't justify the spend over the 800 series as we haven't been doing the coffee thing much recently.
Wifebert hasn't been drinking coffee since she got pregnant and I just CBF to roast the beans and make coffee just for myself.

/edit just to point out she isn't up the duff again.

I believe the Lelit machines are more recommended these days. Something like the PL41TEMD
I seriously considered a LeLit machine whe I was buying a couple of years ago. I eventually got an Expobar Office Semi-Auto, I've since added an Ibertal Challenge grinder. These are probably above your price range. The Expobar is about $1500. It is built like a brick dunny and very simple inside with only one small control board.

I seriously considered a LeLit machine whe I was buying a couple of years ago. I eventually got an Expobar Office Semi-Auto, I've since added an Ibertal Challenge grinder.
It's definitely a step & a bit up from the Lelit, which itself is a half step up on the Silvia.

Eventually you get to law of deminishing returns. That Expobar is about the limit of 'reasonable value' home units before heading into the deep hole of the likes of Bezzerre, ECM, Vibiemme & Rocket machines.

I don't know if they are still available to buy in Australia, but I have one of the original 1970s versions of
click for website

I find that lever machines are far more forgiving of slightly off grind/ tamp/ age of beans than many 9 bar pump based machines. I know there was some quality control issues with the Ponte Vecchio Lusso model at first, but my Bezerra Family Club has been a wonder. With the soft water up here, I haven't even needed to change the seals in 5 years, and you don't have to go through the backflush rigmarole cleaning with levers that you do with others.

I find that lever machines are far more forgiving of slightly off grind/ tamp/ age of beans than many 9 bar pump based machines. I know there was some quality control issues with the Ponte Vecchio Lusso model at first, but my Bezerra Family Club has been a wonder. With the soft water up here, I haven't even needed to change the seals in 5 years, and you don't have to go through the backflush rigmarole cleaning with levers that you do with others.
..huh? Is this about steam trains?

I'm really enjoying the Moka pot and fresh ground coffee. Two cups of 3-Espresso strength strong capos is a hell of a way to wake up. For me, it 's only going to deliver severe diminished returns and wallet slimmage going beyond this.

I have been using this beautiful machine for the past 2 years reckon it is the best machine to have in the home. Not only does it look sexy, it makes a fantastic short black, far better than any stove top unit of which I have had plenty. http://espressounplugged.com.au/rok
rok3_1.jpg

Looks very cool and the price is OK as well! Anybody else got some experience with it?

So does a weak person get a weak coffee? ;)

There a few definite advantages to this machine over stove top units and electrical monsters.

Firstly, you can't stuff it by leaving on the stove while you go do something else like answer the phone.
Because you take the boiling water to it, by the time the water hits the coffee the temperature for the brew is perfect, ie a little below 100 degC
It doesn't use electricity, great for me as I live on a stand alone solar system. Also means you can take it traveling with you even camping.
It looks sexy on the bench and doesn't take up too much space.

PS
I have no connection with the people who make or sell this.