Redirecting your sabbatical tensions

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
So with the sabbatical upon us I’m wondering what those of you who are participating are planing on distracting yourself with?

Vaping primarily..... Vape gear and e-juice juice supplies need a refresh now after 2 years of the same hardware and software.

Since giving up the smokes at about 5pm on 27th Feb 2016 I've NOT smoked almost 17,000 cigarettes and NOT spent almost $15,000 on the purchase of such.

1456563600_25_1_USD_17.5_default.png

Once you find the right combo of vape gear it's easy to stick with it day in, day out.... Same with shave gear, once you find a happy place you don't need to continue searching.

I also might spend some time making homebrew... Never tried it before so it could be fun, particularly with the Qld climate. Regardless how bad my homebrew turns out it could never be worse than that pi$$ they call XXXX which is also made up here :)

Vaping primarily..... Vape gear and e-juice juice supplies need a refresh now after 2 years of the same hardware and software.

Since giving up the smokes at about 5pm on 27th Feb 2016 I've NOT smoked almost 17,000 cigarettes and NOT spent almost $15,000 on the purchase of such.

1456563600_25_1_USD_17.5_default.png

Once you find the right combo of vape gear it's easy to stick with it day in, day out.... Same with shave gear, once you find a happy place you don't need to continue searching.

I also might spend some time making homebrew... Never tried it before so it could be fun, particularly with the Qld climate. Regardless how bad my homebrew turns out it could never be worse than that pi$$ they call XXXX which is also made up here :)
Good on ya for giving up the smokes, I quit several years ago and haven’t had one since

Over 32 years on the durries..... pleased to be rid of them!

Between $25 and $30 a packet now I believe, I used to do over a packet every day and it was costing a fortune ~ costs me about $0.05 a day now in comparison and by gradually trimming down my nicotine every few months to 0mg I didn't even suffer withdrawal.

Over 32 years on the durries..... pleased to be rid of them!

Between $25 and $30 a packet now I believe, I used to do over a packet every day and it was costing a fortune ~ costs me about $0.05 a day now in comparison and by gradually trimming down my nicotine every few months to 0mg I didn't even suffer withdrawal.
I started vaping in June and haven't touched a smoke since. Very glad to be rid of them. It's the easiest way I have ever tried to give up smoking.

Oooh another Ninja rider!
Mine has an L after the 650 and a funny red P on the back. Riding since April mostly commuting.

October next year I am derestricted and can get something bigger, plan to stick with the ninja for now it is scary enough, anything bigger and I wouldn't have a licence or feeling in my legs, neither is something I want to try.

I started vaping in June and haven't touched a smoke since. Very glad to be rid of them. It's the easiest way I have ever tried to give up smoking.

Well done mate, good for you!

It's a heck of a lot easier than cold turkey and something to feel proud of.... I just wish I'd never started in the first place but it is what it is....

I’ve recently bought an offset smoker so my year will be didicated to making delicious smoked meats and other items for my friends and family.

IE; brisket, pork and beef ribs, Coles smoked home cured bacon, cold smoked salmon and cheese.
While smoked chickens and turkeys!!

So many delicious things!!

Mine has an L after the 650 and a funny red P on the back. Riding since April mostly commuting.

October next year I am derestricted and can get something bigger, plan to stick with the ninja for now it is scary enough, anything bigger and I wouldn't have a licence or feeling in my legs, neither is something I want to try.
Still a Ninja!

Mine does not have an L after the numbers and also has 14 less cc’s :sneaky:

Besides playing with the bub when it arrives (can’t wait), I have a ton of stuff within my fraternity to work on plus I have neglected my love of pocket knives in recent years so I may not save money at all really.

im running an i joy captain with a melo 300 tank atm. if you like clouds without building coils its very good to the point i haven't touched a dripper for 12 months now. if you do start with homebrew feel free to pm me with any questions you might have always happy to welcome another brewer to the hobby.

I’ve recently bought an offset smoker so my year will be didicated to making delicious smoked meats and other items for my friends and family.

IE; brisket, pork and beef ribs, Coles smoked home cured bacon, cold smoked salmon and cheese.
While smoked chickens and turkeys!!

So many delicious things!!
have you tried beef cheeks on the smoker? they take at least 8 hrs to get soft and delicious but are so worth it. first 2 hours open to the smoke the wrapped for the rest of the time and dont over do the rub with the surface area/meat ratio the rub can get overpowering pretty quick.