Removing a Knot

58RW

@sealer in making point to change out a knot I have used this method a couple times or so and worked each time for me Then I get the replacement knot use epoxy to seat the replacement leave a couple of days and it's ready to go. (y)

No animals or reference to another forum harmed in this post

Still need to drill/out the expoxy from the bottom of the knot or if you want a deeper set knot.
Another problem I see doing this method with a modern knot is the expoxy/adhesive used does not degrade with heat. I've tried heating out a modern knot by the steam and boil methods and didn't budge it.

If@58fb method above is not successful then here is another guide that you may find useful.

Anyone wants to take a punt ay own risk and hasn't got a lathe and all the expensive tools I can lay you some pointers at your own risk. As for the epoxy my Vie Long of which I changed the knot out on has had no movement or issues in over 12 months

Thank's mate. I probably save the brush for doing something like that in the future. Now I will cut the hair just to remember not to use again. Or... maybe I should leave that way next to the other brushes, serving as an example of what may happen when they underperform xD

Cut the knot flush with the handle then drill the rest out using a smaller drill bit then a dremmel or similar as required
I have used a 20mm socket drill to get the old knot out then ground out to the size I wanted
Use a small drop of glue to test the depth and loft of the brush so you can alter it if you want before fully glueing it in with an epoxy