Restorations

Mastropiero

Gone but not forgotten...
In Memoriam
A few blades I finished this week. I never try to remove all the blemishes on a blade, my aim is always to get them rid of rust, get them in the healthiest shape possible and make them usable again.

As my skills improve, I suspect I will end up going for gold but, so far, I am quite pleased with the results.

Ford & Medley "The Arrow Razor". The scales aren't original, they were FUBAR, but I rescued another set, equally in horn, that does the job nicely.

German " The Prince Albert" razor, nice ornate scales and lovely etching on the blade.

Wilhelm Noelle "World Eagle" razor, i sanded and polished the scales, I was sure they were nice and they ended up being some kind of bone.

https://i.imgur.com/ONKXmWn.jpg

The Bartmann. Enough said.

https://i.imgur.com/6LG7HeR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jxCqSOi.jpg

Hope you like them.

The "World Eagle" razor looks to have excellent potential. Will be interested to hear how honing and shaving goes.

Agreed, it looks like an excellent piece, caught my attention as soon as I got it.

Will let you know.

Haven't updated this thread for a while. First: @bald as , the World Eagle is truly an excellent razor. Love it.

And now, for the fun part, a couple of masonic themed razors I just finished restoring. I only did light restoring on the mammoth Heiffor's blade, I didn't want to do anythibg that might screw up the beautiful engraving. I did polish the scales though, and they turned out quite nicely.

The second one, well, that one I did buff and polish the blade, particularly on the B side. Had to also take apart the scales, they were in dire shape near the pivot, so I had to sand off quite a bit of the A-side one. It shows, all the pigment is gone there unfortunately. The jury is out on the make of this one, I am fairly certain it might be a W&B, but still not sure. Any hel identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

And now, the razors:

DPblDiH.jpg

FMOJnA0.jpg

8fulmLX.jpg

A35cSf8.jpg

ySbCEgE.jpg

S8UTzQX.jpg

T567a1r.jpg

SKQxrAY.jpg

VZTWsge.jpg

RdVbpKS.jpg

RdVbpKS.jpg

La posible W&B

6I2h3vM.jpg

kXnkSyy.jpg

3UXDozC.jpg

oWMQyBA.jpg

Z7pmC9p.jpg

TPooxC5.jpg

bOdDfPK.jpg

5hmNwXV.jpg

Hope you like them.

Haven't updated this thread for a while. First: @bald as , the World Eagle is truly an excellent razor. Love it.

And now, for the fun part, a couple of masonic themed razors I just finished restoring. I only did light restoring on the mammoth Heiffor's blade, I didn't want to do anythibg that might screw up the beautiful engraving. I did polish the scales though, and they turned out quite nicely.

The second one, well, that one I did buff and polish the blade, particularly on the B side. Had to also take apart the scales, they were in dire shape near the pivot, so I had to sand off quite a bit of the A-side one. It shows, all the pigment is gone there unfortunately. The jury is out on the make of this one, I am fairly certain it might be a W&B, but still not sure. Any hel identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

And now, the razors:

DPblDiH.jpg

FMOJnA0.jpg

8fulmLX.jpg

A35cSf8.jpg

ySbCEgE.jpg

S8UTzQX.jpg

T567a1r.jpg

SKQxrAY.jpg

VZTWsge.jpg

RdVbpKS.jpg

RdVbpKS.jpg

La posible W&B

6I2h3vM.jpg

kXnkSyy.jpg

3UXDozC.jpg

oWMQyBA.jpg

Z7pmC9p.jpg

TPooxC5.jpg

bOdDfPK.jpg

5hmNwXV.jpg

Hope you like them.
Are you on the Square brother, have you been to the East brother, how many years have you been a Mason brother?

Last edited:
Are you on the Square brother, have you been to the East brother, how many years have you been a Mason brother?

Never had any affiliation to anything, I do find the masonic world quite fascinating, though I am finding it difficult to find proper info about it.

Not a clue what being on the Square or having been to the East means, part of a language I don't understand, I am sorry. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Never had any affiliation to anything, I do find the masonic world quite fascinating, though I am finding it difficult to find proper info about it.

Not a clue what being on the Square or having been to the East means, part of a language I don't understand, I am sorry. 🤷🏼‍♂️
That’s too bad you’ll never understand the old American Masonic symbols… sorry can’t help you.

Last edited:
That’s too bad you’ll never understand the old American Masonic symbols… sorry can’t help you.

Now you've really piqued my interest. Ehy "never"? Is there anything else needed, besides a willingness to learn, in order to understand something?

Now you've really piqued my interest. Ehy "never"? Is there anything else needed, besides a willingness to learn, in order to understand something?
Sorry you must become a Freemason to be able understand the Masonic symbols, it’s a language of god, faith and in good will in order to become a true noble Mason and also a noble man.

Understood, thanks. In any case, suddenly my interest has decreesed.

in order to become a true noble Mason and also noble man.

I tend to be wary of clubs/fellowships/societies/cults that claim I need to be part of them in order to reach my nobility as a man. I reckon there's more to that, but maybe that's just me.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to answer. Hope you liked the razors anyway. 😀