Review review of The Warden

sealer

Yet another review of the Warden...

I made it for a spanish shaving forum, so I put it here also

Squadron soap is an australian artisan company based on Barossa Valley. The artisan served on the Australian air forces for two decades, so the theme of the soaps is not a surprise

soaps are carefully packed, in a classic but fashionable way. The tub is black, with a nice, retro design of the waterproof labels

ZGGsRT9.jpg

BW2nVRT.jpg

The tub brings 150 heavy loaded grams (a bit more) of a nacar coloured soft soap (if it is not a croap, it should be close)

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Tallow, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerine, Lanolin, Fragrance. Yep, tallow xD

Scent: classic, masculine. I choose it after reading some reviews and because it would be the choosen one by the maker. For me is a classic barbershop (I mean it reminds me to the ages where I use to go to a barbershop as a kid). It is described as "citrusy bergamot, with a bold strong base of vetiver, cinnamon bark, cedarwood and tobacco leaf" and I reckon is very close.It is not too strong, and It would make good mate with most classic based splashes or colonies.

Lathering: with a synthetic yaqi for 15-20 secs. This is what I got without adding more water after making lather for one minute:

fZBBlsU.jpg

I added water in a couple of occasions and lather just grew and grew

NxgAw68.jpg

a bit of arm excercise and ready!

7N5pyHm.jpg

Easy to lather, maybe a bit thirsty. I reckon this time I could have added more water

Performance: I have used it more than 10 times, both face and bowl lathering, and it behaves well. I have never had problems with the lather, never dried on my face, or fail on the bowl. It protects well and has a very good slick. I can carelessly go from one ear to the other through the chin and that is what I ask a soap to let me do

Just to mention that today I made 4 passes + minor fixes, and the pairing aftershave didn't harm while splashing. At the end, this is what one wants, a great shave, great scent, and no damages for the skin, and this soap perform with colours

Considering that it cost 19 AUD for 150 grams, it is absolutely reccomended. I don't find any con on the soap to bring attention, and the price is fabulous!.

cheers

Last edited: