Review Proserpine razors - New Carbon fibre scaled razor.

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
Normally I'm function over form but recently I decided I would like a high quality Australian made custom razor. After a phone call with @Straight up I contacted Proserpine razors and spoke to the owner, Steve. We discussed price and of course time schedules for delivery. He told me the price and promised the razor would be done in 3 weeks and shipped to Adelaide. It was. :)

My images don't do the quality of his workmanship full justice. The fit and finish of the blade is stunning.

We discussed the grind I wanted and I asked for a slight blend between a square point and a slight French point. Steve sent me images of the progress and the shape and the finished tip of the razor is excellent to shave with. The grind of the blade is very hollow but also stable because of the belly ground into the blade just above the actual bevel.

So, am I pleased? You bet. :)
The razor is fantastic to shave with and did arrive in a true shave ready condition.
Razor 10/10
Service 10/10
Smile factor 20/10

https://www.proserpinerazorco.com.au/

Normally I'm function over form but recently I decided I would like a high quality Australian made custom razor. After a phone call with @Straight up I contacted Proserpine razors and spoke to the owner, Steve. We discussed price and of course time schedules for delivery. He told me the price and promised the razor would be done in 3 weeks and shipped to Adelaide. It was. :)

My images don't do the quality of his workmanship full justice. The fit and finish of the blade is stunning.

We discussed the grind I wanted and I asked for a slight blend between a square point and a slight French point. Steve sent me images of the progress and the shape and the finished tip of the razor is excellent to shave with. The grind of the blade is very hollow but also stable because of the belly ground into the blade just above the actual bevel.

So, am I pleased? You bet. :)
The razor is fantastic to shave with and did arrive in a true shave ready condition.
Razor 10/10
Service 10/10
Smile factor 20/10

https://www.proserpinerazorco.com.au/
OK, I’m drooling.😍

@Straight up, because the nose is removed the blade looks wider than it is. Steve told me he doesn't include the spine when calculating so his 6/8" is close to 7/8". It doesn't seem wide when shaving.
Also thanks for your recommendation of Proserpine razors. I was initially looking at another Carbon fibre from another manufacturer but this ticks all the boxes for me. It certainly isn't a second best :)

@Straight up, because the nose is removed the blade looks wider than it is. Steve told me he doesn't include the spine when calculating so his 6/8" is close to 7/8". It doesn't seem wide when shaving.
Also thanks for your recommendation of Proserpine razors. I was initially looking at another Carbon fibre from another manufacturer but this ticks all the boxes for me. It certainly isn't a second best :)
Ya, trigger finger getting itchy.:)

I'll admit that when I saw them on e-bay I thought 'Here we go, another RSO', but talking to Steve made it very clear he knows his stuff.
He has straight shaved for decades, used to hone and restore razors, and forged his own blades. So quite acomplished.
His craftmanship is top notch, and the value for money is evident.
If you want to buy a shave ready razor that is well made, beautiful and doesn't cost the earth then he's your man. Plus made in Australia :)