Rich and famous shaves

Ozymandias

Do you guys ever wonder what the shaving routine of a certain high profile celebrities or public figures might be? I occasionally get curious about this.

Whenever you see an actor shave on screen it usually seems inauthentic and you often get the feeling they don’t routinely shave this way.

Take a look at this whispy lather Daniel Day-Lewis builds in the opening minutes of Phantom Thread for instance (I’ll slip in a recommendation here for this movie too 🍿 🎥 - if only for the beautiful piano-based soundtrack composed by Johnny Greenwoood):
9279-B9-B5-F328-4-F04-BE39-D042206-A7-DCD.png

I dunno. Might be a weird thing to wonder about... but I do wonder. What would Barack Obama’s morning shave routine look like for instance? If the rich and famous are anything like the general public, I’d have to assume they probably shave with cartridges and canned goo.

Is anyone aware of any famous advocates of the wet shaving hobby?

Good point. Not long ago, I watched the reboot of the Magnum, PI series with Jay Hernandez, and was struck by one scene of him (supposedly) shaving with a straight razor, then in subsequent scenes he appears with one of those 5 o'clock stubbly merkins goatees.

...and don't get me started on what I think of that "designer stubble" that so many tossers celebrities go in for...

I had occasion to revisit “A Few Good Men” recently. Tom Cruise had a flawless shave in that movie. No idea how he did it though... or whether that type of result is even possible with my steel wool. Despite the BBS I can achieve, it never looks that good. Maybe he was too young to be shaving yet in that movie...!