RIP Lynchy senior

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
Sad.to see we lost another member yesterday. I'm sure I represent everyone who meet him here or in person in giving our deepest condolences to his wife, Debbie, and family.
I never actually met Anthony but had many great chats with him both here and on Facebook. Both he and his wife were very generous - Debbie even made things for my son Benji when he was a baby despite having never met us, and the big man piffed me an enormous package of mentholated software many moons ago that I'm still working my way through.
They had been doing a bit of a trip around Australia and i'd hoped to one day catch up with him for a beer but alas it was not to be.
Farewell Lynchy, I'll have that beer with you tonigh,.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up @eggbert.

While not super active here Lynchy was certainly a great bloke, very warm and generous. Deepest condolence to Debbie and the family indeed.

Announcement from family on FB and photo of Anthony and Debbie they posted for those who may not have seen it -

FDvzpjCl.png
EPfhWz7l.jpg

Sad to lose not just a forum member, but any person, to mesothelioma.

RIP Anthony.
Especially when the health effects of asbestos have been known since 1899!

My dad died from Mesothelioma.
My understanding was the romans knew the health risks a couple of thousand years ago as they associated health problems with the asbestos aprons the slaves wore for the lead works/pipes etc. We'll be seeing deaths from asbestos for many years to come yet. There's still miles of old buildings out there containing obvious and not so obvious asbestos content. I don't think the trades are educated well enough, there's still too much complacency around small levels of exposure.

My understanding was the romans knew the health risks a couple of thousand years ago as they associated health problems with the asbestos aprons the slaves wore for the lead works/pipes etc. We'll be seeing deaths from asbestos for many years to come yet. There's still miles of old buildings out there containing obvious and not so obvious asbestos content. I don't think the trades are educated well enough, there's still too much complacency around small levels of exposure.

Absolutely!
Worst part is asbestos is just one of thousands of things that mankind has created or dug up that are harming us all.

Canberra is riddled with asbestos and we have some of the most extensive management requirements in the world BUT we still get tradies coming onto sites, ignoring requirements and drill into materials.