Rip Shapton

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
As I was. Leaving the house today I saw my 2 year old go into the laundry, reach for my 5k shapton purple. And drop it on the floor :(.

Once I made it to work the wife called and told me he smashed my shave bowel from Japan. Good thing I face lather

Would love be to hear if this has happened to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
No good!!
I can't say, even with three kids I have a similar story. I was worried about them getting to my stuff so it's always (then and now) been high up.

My daughter (8) came to me in the garage the other day;

Miss 8: Dad, here is your phone.
Dad: Thank you (looking curiously as to why she bought it to me)
M: It fell on the floor and broke.
D: How did that happen. It was resting on the table.
M: Well, I moved my arm, and somehow my elbow touched the phone and pushed it off the edge.

I believe her, but the description is a little lacking since the phone was well from the edge. I laughed.

Last edited:
No good!!
I can't say, even with three kids I have a similar story. I was worried about them getting to my stuff so it's always (then and now) been high up.

My daughter (8) came to me in the garage the other day;

Miss 8: Dad, here is your phone.
Dad: Thank you (looking curiously as to why she bought it to me)
M: It fell on the floor and broke.
D: How did that happen. It was resting on the table.
M: Well, I moved my arm, and somehow my elbow touched the phone and pushed it off the edge.

I believe her, but the description is a little lacking since the phone was well from the edge. I laughed.

LOL - been there and done that! Add a '1' to the front of that age and you have MY daughter with her phone, a week after it had just been repaired ...

Mate, they did you a favour, as now you've just got to go out and buy stuff to replace them :)

My 5 year old just comes into my bathroom when he wants to borrow some smelly stuff. He's an Oud and Leather fan. He generally can't reach anything breakable and definitely can't get his mits on anything he could hurt himself with.
I was once sat watching TV with a new iPad at the side of me and he made his car 'do a jump' caught the screen on the edge and it just shattered.

Sorry to hear it @Rami. I have all of these little pleasures are ahead of me. :unsure:

It's my fault really. I should have backed it at the end of the session but I left it out to dry.
:(.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bummer. Kids are so inquisitive, and have to touch every little thing. I'm sure I broke my fair share of stuff as a little tacker.

At least you have a valid excuse (like the rest of us) for your impending Sabbatical Fail!