Roast Coffee Beans

OK, 1x Ethiopia Organic 400g, still remains. This is the Christmas day roast, so it is ready for brewing. Vacuum sealed already.

If still here in a couple of days, I will add it to my grinder.

Next up: 2x Nicaragua Organic 400g - will be ready around January 3 for despatch. Just roasted an hour ago, right to the edge of second crack.

Before I forget again ...

Loving the East Timor. Having a double shot as we speak. Mild and medium bodied, not as heavy as the Ethiopian ones, think I prefer them but both have been great!

Sorry, I missed this. Been building a balcony, and I am stuffed.

Let me check... I'll let you know tonight. I don't think it has been touched yet.

Failing that, there is Nicaragua.

Keep you posted.

I know it has been a while. It has been a pretty shitty year here. We lost a very close family member, and it has hit everyone harder than we all expected it to. Plus work has been a slog.

However, now that most of that has been overcome, I can redirect my focus. I have had a couple of enquiries, so it is time to start roasting again.

Any preferences on origins? As usual, the roasts will be single origin and organic only. Options I suppose are going to be:

Africa - Ethiopia* Harrar (the more intense of the 2, at a dark roast) or Limu - Previous Ethiopian on here has been Harrar.
Asia/Pacific - PNG, East Timor* or Sumatra*
Central/South America - A large choice.... Guatemala, Honduras*, Brazil, Bolivia*, Colombia, Honduras*, Peru*, Nicaragua*

* Fairtrade Organic source.

I think what I will do is choose one from each region, based on popular vote. If none are selected in a region, I'll pick what I know roasts well.

I have not chased you - thought you might simply have been too busy - but you roast it and I will buy it :)

Don't say that! I'm liable to roast 20kg...

I'll place the order this Friday, so I should get it on Tuesday after the public holiday in NSW.

If the weather stays OK, I can start roasting that evening, and first lots will be ready for despatch next Friday.

So let me know your preferences, so I know what to buy.

Any Nekisse beans available?

I had the most intense berry flavoured espresso many years ago in Melbourne that I still maintain was the best coffee I have ever tasted. While I have since had many outstanding coffees, the Nekisse is the one that stands out in my memory and the one I been chasing ever since.

Ooooh please put me down for some beans too ;)

Don't say that! I'm liable to roast 20kg...

I'll place the order this Friday, so I should get it on Tuesday after the public holiday in NSW.

If the weather stays OK, I can start roasting that evening, and first lots will be ready for despatch next Friday.

So let me know your preferences, so I know what to buy.

Yeah, 20kg might be a bit much in one hit BUT flavour wise I'm happy to experiment :)

@eggbert - no Ethiopian Nekisse sorry. While they can be sourced, they are a lot more than the Free Trade Organics cost. I just found a site selling 5kg of N2 Ruby for.... $1495. That is an expensive cuppa!

@Ferret619 - Any region preferences?

@Mark1966 - I'm thinking of going for Africa, Asia Pacific, Central America, South America, and a surprise as well. The surprise one I haven't tried, and it isn't organic, but may be interesting...

I may also look to get a small batch of Jamaican Blue Mountain, but it is getting scarce (expensive) now since the hurricanes. Also not organic.

@eggbert - no Ethiopian Nekisse sorry. While they can be sourced, they are a lot more than the Free Trade Organics cost. I just found a site selling 5kg of N2 Ruby for.... $1495. That is an expensive cuppa!

@Ferret619 - Any region preferences?

@Mark1966 - I'm thinking of going for Africa, Asia Pacific, Central America, South America, and a surprise as well. The surprise one I haven't tried, and it isn't organic, but may be interesting...

I may also look to get a small batch of Jamaican Blue Mountain, but it is getting scarce (expensive) now since the hurricanes. Also not organic.
I'm open to most, Columbian has been my last KG from cosmorex

I'm thinking of going for Africa, Asia Pacific, Central America, South America, and a surprise as well. The surprise one I haven't tried, and it isn't organic, but may be interesting...
Shame the Nekisse is so expensive.
Please don't waste your money on Aussie - not tasted an aussie coffee bean that compares to any decent African, South American, or Indo bean yet.
Oh, and I think JBM is completely overhyped for the cost.