Roast Coffee Beans

Thanks mate. I get a buzz out of doing the same. I puff each bag after they are finished gassing. There's an hour's caffeine, I reckon!

Current ready:

Honduras x 2
Peru x 1
Ethiopia x 1

Looks like a possible break in the weather today. Might get some more done this afternoon, with a bit of luck.

Sorry, been away, started a new job, then my laptop went pffft a couple of weeks back.

I managed to roast a bit yesterday...

Honduras x 6
Ethiopia Sidamo x 1
PNG x 3

I still have Ethiopia Harrar and more Honduras still to roast. Maybe on Thursday, after the Dawn Service.

PM's, please.

Updated available numbers...

Honduras x 1
PNG x 1

The weekend weather is looking pretty shabby... I have more Ethiopia Harrar and Honduras to get through. Alas, I think this weekend will be indoor pursuits (football)....

Finally, some good weather, and nobody pulling me in one direction or another... I will be roasting this weekend.

It will be a choice of Honduras (10+ bags), PNG (4) and Ethiopia (8+).

I will be roasting across all of them, and hopefully can get 10kg or more done. If I can get a good run on it, then it should be ok.

Final numbers Sunday.

@erobins , yours is done already, to somewhere between CS3 and CS4. Just letting it breathe for a couple of days, then I will grind it on Sunday.

@Rami: Honduras, without a doubt. I run that through my cold brewer, and my partner's friends are now all lining up for it.

Just send me a PM, and I'll give you my bank details. Costings are in the OP

Summer's going to suck. I'll be making heaps, but drinking bugger all...

I did manage to push through a kilo of Ethiopia this afternoon. Very dark and deadly too. Right into the rolling second crack... music to my ears.

I also found that Honduras is very good for steeping with dark rum... then running through a coffee filter paper. Coffee rum!

Last edited:
I had a fairly big roast-up yesterday, but then I ran out of bags....

Numbers are:

Honduras: 4
Ethiopia: 10

These numbers are after accounting for current orders.

More to come. I still have a lot of Honduras and some PNG to do. I just have to check my storage unit to see if there are more bags...

Can you tax invoice with an ABN? I run five senses single origin (currently Hakuna Matata) in the office but they probably deserve a change. Difficult to flavour profile on location alone - although I have taken a liking to the things coming out of Ethiopian.

@Substance - done... managed 2 this afternoon.

@Kevy - This is strictly a hobbyist thing for me. No ABN here to offer you. The Ethiopia is a strong one, but has notes of berry and chocolate in the cup. I like it as an espresso, but it is also good in flat whites and lattes.

The only reason I do this is for the creative outlet: to keep the Black Dog away. Having something right-brained like this, and honing straights... it's meditative, as I can't rush either process and get a good result. It forces me to be in the moment, not in my head. And to be honest, since I started doing both of these things, my mindset has been 100% positive.

So while I enjoy sharing this with the forum, it is very much for my own benefit.

So, unless someone can dip into the petty cash.... :X3:

Last edited:
Plus one for that!(y)
Plus one for most of that post. Wet shaving, straights and soap making are part of my sanity preservation project at the moment. :wacky:

Talking about my mind getting stagnant... I'm now onto building a still, for... umm... research! I can honestly say that it will be used for extracting essential oils from botanicals, however, there may be the occasional molasses (rum) wash... It helps working at a plumbing supplies place though. All of the copper connectors I could want!

@Kevy, costs are in the original post on page 1. Pricing hasn't changed.

Talking about my mind getting stagnant... I'm now onto building a still, for... umm... research! I can honestly say that it will be used for extracting essential oils from botanicals, however, there may be the occasional molasses (rum) wash... It helps working at a plumbing supplies place though. All of the copper connectors I could want!

@Kevy, costs are in the original post on page 1. Pricing hasn't changed.

Happy with the pricing! Just wasn't sure how to actually order ...

OK, I have been a little busy lately, with work, renovating, plus constructing my Mk1 Still.... as well as the fact that my roaster's heating unit crapped itself a couple of weeks back, mid-roast...

Heater has been replaced, and I find that I may have a spare few hours this weekend. If the wind will go away!

I should be able to get a few kg roasted, if I'm not too tired from watching the cricket...

I shall keep you all updated.