Rockwell 6S or 6C

I don't have either Rockwell model, but have heard great things about it. I personally wouldn't stress myself about whether to get the SS version or the zamak unless I were 16 years old. I have no way of turning back the clock 41 years (and wouldn't want to), and the cheaper version would well and truly outlast me.

Hey! Mr Korla, I've got some real bad news during the pandemic COV19
pqBwEv8.png
don't complain when there are NO toilet papers.
That explains my breath then. Why didn't you tell me my breath sme... Oh.. never mind, you couldn't tell 😜

Guys, I think I want a 6S. If one comes up second hand for a good price could you please keep me in mind.

Anything I need to know about them ? Is there updated versions ? eg is a 2019 or 2020 any different from a 2016 model.

If I go new, will the red and blue one lose their colours ?

thanks

Guys, I think I want a 6S. If one comes up second hand for a good price could you please keep me in mind.

Anything I need to know about them ? Is there updated versions ? eg is a 2019 or 2020 any different from a 2016 model.

thanks

If I'm not mistaken there are only 2 versions with improvements made to the original Kickstarter one plus recent new colour schemes...?
Truly a great warhorse and I'm sure you'll love the smooth/efficient shaves it provides.

thanks

Try @J.Mac ..he was unsure if he was going to keep his after a trial period. He had a razor and stand. You might be in luck if he decided it wasn't for him. But who couldn't love the work a 6s does?

Ok Father's Day purchase organised. Decided on the 6S vs the Futur. Not for any other reason than being Stainless it will last a lifetime. As I get older I generally now make these type of purchases.

I knew I would be happy with either but just had a nagging suspicion that I would have been disappointed if I hadn't purchased the 6S.

Kids are paying majority of cost I am just topping it up.

Can't wait till that first shave.

Don't you just hate it when the kids are home and collect your fathers day present from the courier before you do and proceed to tell you. "not until Fathers Day ". So now stuck with the Wahl for another two weeks.

That's Ok as I will actually really take note of the Wahl shave and appreciate the step up the 6S will provide.

Whats two weeks anyway.

Ok Father's Day purchase organised. Decided on the 6S vs the Futur.

You made the right choice, the Futur I'm not a big fan of at all. It was one of my first razors, used it once and now it sits in my collection.

I bought the 6C a while back and it's my go-to for shaving. Depending on the blade I switch up the plates between a 3 and 4. When using a Feather, I always tame it to the 3.

I have the standard and black 6S.
Honestly my favorite razor model ever!
I have a preference for chunky, heavy razor heads, they just shave better for me.

I use mine on plate 6 with a shim for added rigidity.

I'll likely be ordering the blue and red to add to my 6S family.
Can't recommend the 6S highly enough!

Even the 6C is great value for money and much more durable than other zamak razors. My friend dropped his on the floor and it got a little dented but the zamac didn't chip off at all, unlike Merkur/EJ razors!

@Phunk everything I read about the Futur was good except for the bit around the underneath of the nose. Then looking at the 6S all I read was great reviews here and elsewhere without those issues. I then thought ok the 6S is stainless as well.

Its one of those things I new I would have been happy with either but ultimately I would have then bought the 6S if i had gotten the Futur just to satisfy my curiosity. This way I have saved some money on not getting two razors ultimately knowing that the 6S is equivalent of the Futur if not a little better due to ease of use.

@Jimmy spot in mate, the Futur was a punishment under the nose and just a bit too bulky of a head to manage.

The 6C / 6S are awesome.

Funds aside, the main thing that got me wanting the 6C over the 6S was the finish, I prefer a nice Chrome on my razors vs the brushed stainless look. Yes I know it's shallow, but I likes what I likes!

Well what can I say other than WOW. Having just had my first shave with the 6S vs the Wahl cheapy was just outstanding. Plate 3 two passes and the whole experience was enjoyable and a closer shave than usual. Will try to step up to plate 4 and will see how I go. I honestly did not think that the cost of a razor would make such a substantial difference. Very Happy to be proven wrong.

Well what can I say other than WOW. Having just had my first shave with the 6S vs the Wahl cheapy was just outstanding. Plate 3 two passes and the whole experience was enjoyable and a closer shave than usual. Will try to step up to plate 4 and will see how I go. I honestly did not think that the cost of a razor would make such a substantial difference. Very Happy to be proven wrong.

Awesome. Happy father's Day 👍
The plates lose no smootheness as they go up so enjoy journey. It's my "I can't cut myself" razor.