Rockwell Model T Update

Discussion started by Tony Forsyth, Feb 2, 2017.

1. GregP

GregP Member

Not commenting on the quality of the yet-to-be-delivered product, more about what has been a development cycle with design changes, materials changes, poor planning, multiple ‘Oops! That didn’t work!’ in the (pre-)production steps, delivery goal-posts that just kept moving.

I mean, Gillette could make these with 1950’s technology, and here we are 60-odd years later struggling to recreate one.
  2. Snooze

Snooze Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

I guess this says a lot about the gutting of the machining and manufacturing sectors in the USA (and Australia etc for that matter) since the 1970s. Gillette was also a much bigger concern I guess with more resources for R&D and manufacturing, as well as economies of scale.
  3. pvsampson

pvsampson Member

Interested to see how this razor turns out.
  4. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member 2018 Sabbatical

Just noticed the blade tabs are enclosed. And the ends towards the bar are not tampered which means a big no go for me. No chance of going XTG under my nose and getting it all.
    Hope an owner/user can let me know it is like later on.
  5. Pbgoose

Pbgoose Member

Yeah, your right, never noticed that before. That offsets the blade quite a distance from the end of the razor which as you say may not make XTG under the nose viable. That could be annoying. Surprised I hadn't read of this issue before now. Might not of been so much of an issue at it's original suggested price but as the price goes up so does expectation.
    RustyBlade likes this.
  6. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member 2018 Sabbatical

My phone's autocorrect s@(ks balls :cry:
    Dictionary purging now. Sorry guys for the misinterpretations.
  7. pvsampson

pvsampson Member

That's not good.Nice razor but that would drive me batshit not having that blade go the full length.It makes it look incomplete and cheap.
    RustyBlade likes this.