RR Mamba SS available now

I had the oristo (basically the same as the mamba) with DLC and whilst it was smooth and comfortable, it was so damn mild I used it for one pass (yes, one pass... Not one shave) and sold it.

I had the oristo (basically the same as the mamba) with DLC and whilst it was smooth and comfortable, it was so damn mild I used it for one pass (yes, one pass... Not one shave) and sold it.

A lot of the reviews I have been reading about the mamba agree with this: nice but very, very mild.

Still, some people are looking for a very slight shave and this might be just their ticket. Same rule applies with Feather AS-D2, Darwin's and especially the Asylum Evolution, very mild shavers but yet again it's what some people prefer and (in their circumstances) is best suited to them.

A lot of the reviews I have been reading about the mamba agree with this: nice but very, very mild.

Still, some people are looking for a very slight shave and this might be just their ticket. Same rule applies with Feather AS-D2, Darwin's and especially the Asylum Evolution, very mild shavers but yet again it's what some people prefer and (in their circumstances) is best suited to them.

Very true! A lot of positive reviews have appeared so it's clearly a good razor for those people.

The mamba is also much better priced (ex shipping) as compared to the oristo.

IMO the Mamba is somewhat milder than the Guerrilla SB. Even so I am guessing that the majority of people saying that the Mamba is too mild for them would feel the same about the Guerrilla as well.

Personally I don't need to get a BBS shave every day. As long as it is good enough for work I am happy. I also believe that the milder razors make great daily drivers and result in much happier skin. The Guerrilla and the Mamba both enable me to get a great, easy and quick shave that is close enough to get me through 8 or so hours at work.

This is an extremely bold statement. I cannot agree with it though. For me the Guerrilla is aesthetically a nicer design and has tighter tolerances. The Mamba is a polished finish and the Guerrilla is not if that is what you mean. BEar in mind however that if the Guerrilla were to be polished it would be hand finished and the Mamba is machine polished.

It also has to be said that the Guerrilla is much better weighted than the Mamba is and feels more balanced.

I also have to say that where the head of the Mamba is lovely to look at the handle is not great and the "adjust-ability" is useless. I will be looking out for a nice handle to put with the head.

IMO the Mamba is somewhat milder than the Guerrilla SB. Even so I am guessing that the majority of people saying that the Mamba is too mild for them would feel the same about the Guerrilla as well.

Personally I don't need to get a BBS shave every day. As long as it is good enough for work I am happy. I also believe that the milder razors make great daily drivers and result in much happier skin. The Guerrilla and the Mamba both enable me to get a great, easy and quick shave that is close enough to get me through 8 or so hours at work.

@nsavage you are well balanced with your comments :)
And yes it was bold and holds.

The fit is perfect and the finish exceeds the Guerrilla.
I too prefer the Guerrilla over the Mamba in the aesthetic dept especially when paired with my BBS-1 handle (y)
Machine polished or machined by hand is here nor there.

Agree the balance is out and not like the pedigrees. Have the hawk V2 handle as well, so it too can be mixed and matched four ways to create balance. Think the balance could of been managed better with a Ti handle, IMHO.

Know there is play to bring down the hype and probably due. Only chimming in on the talk to add some balance and positivity. :bucktooth:

This remind's me very much of a certain discussion here about Wolfman shipping charges.

I understand, if you don't like a seller because of his/her services, products etc - but what you are saying about the postages charges is simply not true.

If you go to www.canadapost.ca and calculate the shipping costs for a parcel to Australia, you will see, that the cheapest option with delivery confirmation is 44.63CAN$ (even for a 100g parcel)

Yes he could send it cheaper without delivery confirmation, but if that parcel gets lost, you could file a paypal claim and he would have to refund you everything.

He is certainly not making money on the shipping, he just refuses to take the risk of parcels getting lost.

Again: if you are unhappy with certain other practises, I hear you - but the shipping costs are certainly not his fault.
I'm sure you're familiar with the love I have for AusPost, what with the fable that oft is attached to yet another less than stellar experience.
Through that experience and working in the industry in different roles, I've come to learn that what is visible upon a postal agents website, is far from the entire picture.
For example, AusPost has over 50 different codes for the postage types available to business, with substantially discounted rates.

TL DR Canada Post would have far cheaper commercial/business rates, depending upon price/volume and other factors than visible on their website.

I am seeing more and more of both the baby smooth and the mambas hitting the BST's around the place, I suspected as much when they dropped.

I've never understood that... I only buy something if I *really* want it... And I rarely let anything go.

I've never understood that... I only buy something if I *really* want it... And I rarely let anything go.

Well, it's a budget razor so the temptation is there to just grab it when it releases then sell it if you don't like it. Not something I do myself, but some people are unconcerned and do it regularly, particularly in the States.

I am seeing more and more of both the baby smooth and the mambas hitting the BST's around the place, I suspected as much when they dropped.

It is emotional easier to move a lower priced razor from your den than an expensive mistake as fear of a financial and face lost is hearting and a bold lesson.

There is no library to borrow razors so one must purchase them to use.
I've got quite a few budget razors that excel beyond more expensive ones IMO.
Oh and some that I dislike :whistle:

Budget or not they are a quality piece and there is a large market for inexpensive quality shavers. Hence the volume of release x1200+ so you would expect a few hitting the BST publicly.
Don't see too many elite razors on the BST as they are limited and usually privately moved through the ranks.

Not sure if you are aware but you are taking the shine off a quality product that some users may want or have by calling it.

Yeah I know I'm a downer :sorry:

Last edited:
It is emotional easier to move a lower priced razor from your den than an expensive mistake as fear of a financial and face lost is hearting and a bold lesson.

There is no library to borrow razors so one must purchase them to use.
I've got quite a few budget razors that excel beyond more expensive ones IMO.
Oh and some that I dislike :whistle:

I think this line of reasoning simply reinforces the idea of reading widely, digesting as many reviews as you can across as many forums as you can prior to 'pulling the trigger'.

There are good reviewers with demonstrated experience and the collections to back their opinions out there, and they publish on forums just like this one. It's not a razor library, but in many ways it's substantially better.Prior to buying anything, particularly at the end of the scale I prefer, I like to read widely on the intended product and I find I buy a lot less, but when I do buy it's quality, a keeper and something I can be certain of will be a good shaver for me.

From all reports the mamba is a good razor at an affordable price, I don't think mentioning this does anything other than suggest that many people buy things on release reflexively, and then almost immediately sell them substantially cheaper. My point being that it is often better to wait a few weeks and save yourself often significant amounts of money as you can pick them up cheap in the B/S/T's.