RUMOUR: Polsilver reseller says Super Iridiums out of production...

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
FYI :(

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the rumors about End of production of Polsilver Super Iridium is true. Our information is that they are not in production as of mid-September. To be able to keep PSI blades in the market as long as possible, we will stop wholesales and prices will be gradually increased over time.

Web link:- http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

Hurry and make you're order NOW before the price goes up :unsure::oops:

5000 blades only $US800 - grab them QUICK! [\sarcasm]

Why? Why do they discontinue one of the best blades on the market?

There's so many sub par blades to discontinue but no, they go for the creme de la creme :mad:

Didn't Gillette buy the factory? I guess they want to force you to use carts...

It is still a rumour, it's been the same rumour for years.

That link is not the Polsilver official website, it is a vendor with the domain name polsilver blades. It is not the first time sellers have perpetuated rumours of stuff being discontinued, urging people to stockpile and create panic bulk buying, and big sales. The only google responses to Polsilvers being discontinued, all come from that link.

That link is not the Polsilver official website, it is a vendor with the domain name polsilver blades. It is not the first time sellers have perpetuated rumours of stuff being discontinued, to create panic bulk buying. The only google responses to Polsilvers being discontinued, all come from that link.

So maybe I should have checked before ordering that 5k ?

Was going to corner the market ...

That link is not the Polsilver official website, it is a vendor with the domain name polsilver blades. It is not the first time sellers have perpetuated rumours of stuff being discontinued, urging people to stockpile and create panic bulk buying, and big sales. The only google responses to Polsilvers being discontinued, all come from that link.

Is there an official polsilver site?

Veli has been running that site for years and is very trustworthy.
I don't see why he would ruin his solid reputation for some short term gains.

No there isn't an official site. But a domain name such as that suggests it is theirs, which it isn't.

there is no corroborating information. It's all coming from him and he's pushing sales along with it on the shave nook and B&B.

There are far more, and bigger distributors and vendors out there, why are they not also reporting it?

popcorn.jpg

Over at YKW, they had people that used to start such threads, so they could put the popcorn on. Then when they get traction, all the posters with massive stockpiles start unloading them on the sell threads. For silly prices of course.

Not saying that's happening here - far from it, only highlighting that other forums are rife with this stuff, and I've seen plenty of products slated for discontinuance time and again, and only 3 forum favourites that actually have; P160, Cade soap (no loss) and Floid blue, which was always hyped well above anyone's reasonable expectations anyway. Some YKW bastards made a killing on stockpiling and offloading that stuff. CONUS only of course.

And yet, they ban the good people like Gun Running Preacher Man

It all might be a rumour but even Veli at polsilver-blades.com posted on b&b in early Sept stating the blades weren't discontinued...

"Now I'm "out of bed", so don't worry my last shipment is from few days ago so, they are not discontinued, at least up to day."

It would be odd for him to be honest and upfront and then back flip for a short term gain.

I hope they are not discontinued but it's not looking good so far.

So he says they're not discontinued, but still stirs the pot of possibility?

Pardon my scepticism. So far we have one person in the whole world who thinks they're finished. I can't fathom how that equates to 'not looking good'.

If the guy can't substantiate a rumour, he shouldn't perpetuate it.

Fixed the very misleading title. We are not in the business of clickbait here.

Official P&C position on this issue is per @Drubbing above. This whole forum came into being that some members YKW would sell their grandmothers if it meant flipping for 100% profit. Stinks of someone trying to stir up hysteria and then sell their stash at vast profit.

The Gillette Platinums came back. The Silver Blues came back. Don't forget this brand is also owned by Gillette & produced at PPI St. Petersburg.

Don't sweat it @SpeedyPC, it facilitated discussion after all. If anything you posting it was a good thing.

Very embarrassing
picard-facepalm-300x260.jpg

No blood no foul and no real embarrassment. In good faith you reported something and with further investigation it was questioned and we all probably learnt from the process. I would say a good day at the office really.