Salutations

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
To all an sundry, with advise that Razormonsta is to blame ;)

Welcome welcome. I have broad shoulders.

Spasibo comrade. Let us drink vodka.

Welcome Borked!

We blame RM for most things around here that we can't pin on Glen :laugh:

Hope to see you around the boards

Hi

This is how it works:

Mark has loads of stuff to sell that no one else can afford.
RM has more blades than Wusthof & Co and won't sell any to anyone.
The rest of us have stuff to trade that no one else wants.
Glen is to blame for anything else because he's got a weird way of shaving that's more complicated than calculus.

Pisstaking ensues all round. When you start to take shaving seriously it's time for the jacket that straps up at the back.

Hi

This is how it works:

Mark has loads of stuff to sell that no one else can afford.
RM has more blades than Wusthof & Co and won't sell any to anyone.
The rest of us have stuff to trade that no one else wants.
Glen is to blame for anything else because he's got a weird way of shaving that's more complicated than calculus.
Drubbing is the one you really have to watch out for though - he only uses a limited range of gear - how odd is that!

Pisstaking ensues all round. When you start to take shaving seriously it's time for the jacket that straps up at the back.

Fixed that for you.

Welcome borked - do you have the idea yet?

For those that don't know, borked is my fellow vodkaphile from OCAU. I expect to see him in the Vodka thread soon enough!

Vodka eh?

You guys should post some info for sure.

I've never got my head around a spirit where the "better" it is the less taste it has.

Not that "vodka flavour" is my favourite thing...

Perhaps you can edjumacate me or something.

I can see how those in the west might think so, but then they regard peeling an orange as more complicated than calculus.

I bought a machine for that. And a trained monkey to operate it.

Now I'm training it not to eat my fucking oranges.

We're problem solvers over here.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Vodka, it does not aggravate my allergies and due to the pure nature of the alcohol, hangovers are substantially reduced, to non existent when you adequately hydrate before, during and afterwards with water.
It mixes well with most everything, is Mythbusters approved, can be used to power modern vehicles and is akin to the search for the perfect blade.
Good quality with out the fanboi tax is not easy to find (yes, I've lurked here for a while)

PS I had the idea that this is an eclectic group of eccentrics and figured that I'd be welcomed into the fold ;)

Now onto serious stuff, beard is gone, stubble is left to allow the skin/pores/oil glands time to adjust.
Question is, what blade to go with ?

What to use is what you have got. It's a skill you need to practice and get used to. I think the Personna Red (Platinum Chrome) are the best ones to start out on.

And once you start getting the feel for it, I can throw a few blades your way.

PS I had the idea that this is an eclectic group of eccentrics and figured that I'd be welcomed into the fold ;)

Now onto serious stuff, beard is gone, stubble is left to allow the skin/pores/oil glands time to adjust.
Question is, what blade to go with ?

That's too eccentric for this forum. Shave it - your face doesn't know the difference between beard and stubble and doesn't adjust to anything.

Personnas or Astra are good starters, and easily available.

........And once you start getting the feel for it, I can throw a few blades your way.

Beware! RM once threw a load of vintage blades our way and now we're all frantically searching for Schick Plus Platinums and Gillette Spoilers. Oh and be nice about his blade suggestions. Just look at my title to see what happens if you don't.

That's too eccentric for this forum. Shave it - your face doesn't know the difference between beard and stubble and doesn't adjust to anything.

Actually it isn't a bad idea, will help get the growth going faster again, If you haven't shaved for a while the growth rate is slower and you will end up with a greater chance of ingrowns.

A couple of days with a trimmer giving that stubble look will indeed help keeps the ingrowns at bay. A day or two's sun and a couple of decent scrubs of the face will no doubt help everything when you do jump into a shave.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone.
About to try these green Astra's and see how I go.

Will have to try and get a pic of my grandfathers gear and what I've supplemented it with.

BTW, how many passes does a blade tend to last ?