Searching for a Blazer in WA

Bucephalus

Good morning all,
Yesterday, I spent most of the forenoon searching online for a sensibly priced blazer (I'm Scots born / raised). The best price I located was $299 :eek: from a business trading in menswear for "larger" gents, such as I.

As I am now of the age where attendance is more often required at funerals than weddings, I wish to purchase a classic style blazer without breaking the bank.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions which, apart from weight-loss :censored:, will be most welcome.

eBay

Seriously. If you know your size you can get some very reasonably priced 'vintage' clothes (used mostly) or some new remaindered stock.

Other than that I'll let the WA folks give some thoughts for a B&M store.

$300 for a good blazer is not an easy task in Oz. Especially if you're after wool. I picked up a navy Moleskin (brushed cotton) from Trenery a few months back for $250, and that was reduced.

Yeah, so I have determined. My navy-blue barathea blazer (wool and raw silk) and charcoal grey slacks were made-to-measure and purchased in Hong Kong in 1971. Unfortunately, my blazer no longer fits my expanding waistline but I'm loathe to part with such a comfortable garment. Perhaps I'll lose the excess weight :rolleyes:.

Ah well, it would appear KingSize Menswear will financially benefit.

I don’t know how old age homes work down there with you guys but you will be amazed what good quality wool blazers one picks up without breaking the bank from these old age homes. I bought three in the past from old age homes and they only needed a few alterations and a decent dry clean and I’m telling you people don’t stop asking me where I bought those blazers. You won’t get better quality than this vintage stuff in this price range IMHO.