Seiko sea urchin on massdrop

$A129.39 shipped is pretty good.

CreationWatches - $198

Skywatches - $184

eBay cheapest - $161

It is the 'K' version rather than the 'J' version but still might be worth exploring - thanks mate!

I think the difference between Japanese vs Malaysian made is so minimal as to not warrant the huge difference in cost

Yeah on the watch forums some people make a big deal about it - I'm not fussed and it is cheaper than the other one I was considering. :)

Good point @MrT. I had been told it was $99 USD, so when I saw $115+ $14 shipping I presumed that was in AUD.

Appears I was misinformed, and gullibly believed it.

That will be $129 USD, not AUD.

So around $180 AUD.

OOPS - my bad. Since the postage was indicating to AUS I presumed it updated the currency to the local one - shame :(

At $A129 it was a good price, at $USD129 it is merely OK.

That little Aussie flag near the postage certainly confirmed (to my mind) that it was priced in AUD. Good job @MrT was sleuthing around.

The flag just means the price of postage to your Geo-IP location.

Yeah, I realise that now, after MrT did the maths.

That's a nice seiko. If anyone's interested in a SNZG13K a few months old let me know [emoji4]
Not sure if my wrist is too small or it's too large.

qiogMy1.jpg

Nice watch @Nonick, but for me it suffers from the same problem I have with all Seiko 5's - number 2 of the reasons it is called a '5'
1. Automatic winding
2. Day/date displayed in a single window
3. Water resistance
4. Recessed crown at the 4 o’clock position
5. Durable case and bracelet
The crown has moved to 3 o'clock for most watches.

I don't like date (and especially day/date) complications as I don't wear the same watch every day. First world problem, I know.

I wonder why they put day when I have far more trouble remembering what month it is. July 28 would be far more useful to my glance than tue 28. I generally have some idea what day it might be

I haven't worn a watch for years so thought it was "about time" to get one. Sorry. I an an ignorant man in style circles and having trouble deciphering the Double-Dutch language used here.

- "it suffers from the same problem I have with all Seiko 5's - number 2 of the reasons it is called a '5'"
????

- Water resistance
this is OK to wear in the shower?

- Durable case and bracele
I thought being durable is good, meaning ability to take a knock or two

- The crown has moved to 3 o'clock for most watches
I thought "crown" inferred something to do with the top or head, not the side

Somebody please explain these. I wouldn't want to purchase something that is not practical.

Thanks,

Dale.

That's a nice seiko. If anyone's interested in a SNZG13K a few months old let me know [emoji4]
Not sure if my wrist is too small or it's too large.

qiogMy1.jpg

@Nonick I've got the same watch too picture showing above, very good automatic winding while you're swing in walking motion. Trouble is you have too manual swing the watch by hand to start winding before you go to bed IF you haven't been wearing it for a maximum of 18 hours, otherwise it won't automatically start winding if you're not going wear it for a while say on and off the clock will stop ticking. Bloody good watch I say and I enjoy this model very much ;)